• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kapono to the Raptors

ryandauwalker

I can't help but do anything but laugh. The NBA just keeps outdoing itself with ridiculous contracts. Kapono gets $6M per? HA! They can have him. I'm just not a fan of his. Role players off the bench should not get $6+M long-term contracts. There are a 'few' situations where it is might be OK but not many.

IMO, he's just a spot up shooter, similar to Piatkowski or Damon Jones. He had the benefit of playing off of DWade and Shaq to get open looks. I'm not sure if he's worth 6 mil a year, but that sets a precedent for all these other guys now. I'm sure alot of execs started shaking their head when they saw that info come across the wire.

It's obvious what Toronto is doing. Dump it in to Bosh down low and spread the floor with shooters.

I agree jez. When I saw that he got 6 million per, I had to laugh. I mean, that's more than MLE money for a one-dimensional player that can easily be taken out of a game by a good defensive SF.

Toronto acts like Kapono is the missing piece to them winning a title or something. I guess that means the Hawks will go after Mo Pete.

Note to billy: Please don't offer Mo Pete more than 3 million, if you do.

I agree the price is too high but Brian Colangelo has a good idea what he is doing. They are trying to get shooters around Bosh and Baragni with guys like Ford and Calderon pushing up the tempo. They are letting go of Peterson so its pretty Peterson for Kapano. Also they have some nice pieces In Parker, Garbaosa and Graham.

Wow, that is significantly more than I thought he would get. Way too much for him and what he can do. Well at least BK isn't the only guy to give out 6 million a year contracts to guys with limited games. Heck, Speedy's contract is looking a little better...