• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Law IV = Rookie Sleeper

BHayley

Quote:

All I can say is if Brandon Roy was a great fit next to JJ last year. Then so is Acie Law. I won't get too high on this team. I need to keep my feet planted on the ground. I am really liking the looks of our team.
thumb3d.gif

Yeah it's funny how people criticize us for passing on Roy and bash Law in the next sentence when Law is a far better compliment in a backcourt with JJ than Roy is.

Law has great leadership and ability to come through in the clutch that just can't be taught along with his great work ethic.

No more talk of Paul, Williams, or Roy after this season

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yeah it's funny how people criticize us for passing on Roy and bash Law in the next sentence when Law is a far better compliment in a backcourt with JJ than Roy is.

Roy is significantly more talented, taller, longer, better.

Quote:

Law has great leadership and ability to come through in the clutch that just can't be taught along with his great work ethic.

I hope this translates to the NBA. If so, invaluable. We NEED that. Not bad to have it at the Pg position either.

W

Quote:

He's also a shooting guard....Not a PG...Notice how Portland moved him from PG to SG in the middle of the year.

Roy and JJ would not be as good of a backcourt as Law and JJ...A Roy and JJ backcourt would get burned by smaller PG's.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's also a shooting guard....Not a PG...Notice how Portland moved him from PG to SG in the middle of the year.

Actually Roy never played PG for more than 10 minutes a game at MOST. Jarrett Jack consistently had played over 33 minutes all year long, and was getting around 36 in the beginning of the season. Sergio also played around 12 minutes this year.

Quote:

Quote:

doesn't matter even if all those are true...so is smoove, but we aren't playing him at pg...

law is a PG, not a 'sg that can play some point'...

also, people will say "he scores 18ppg, he's not a 'true' pg"

well, in the last five mins of the games, he averaged 7.5 points (while the entire opposing TEAMS averaged 7.1 points)...so the rest of the game he only scored 10.5 points...he was busy setting up plays and getting his teammates the ball...

Quote:

Quote:

Actually Roy never played PG for more than 10 minutes a game at MOST. Jarrett Jack consistently had played over 33 minutes all year long, and was getting around 36 in the beginning of the season. Sergio also played around 12 minutes this year.

Roy only played 7%, or 3.36mpg at PG last year...he's not a pg, he's a 2 guard