• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford's upside.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Allstar material??

I can see what we're working with on this board.

I guess if we had gotten Gasol instead and asked the same question (about Horford), I think we would have different results!!

Quote:

OK...

I guess all questions are then?

don't play dumb

u are asking if he'll be an all-star; black and white; so he can't be a good player and not make the all-star team? he can't lose out that to howard/shaq/okafor/etc and still be a strong top-10 center? not every top-10, or even top-5 center will make the all-star game

Quote:

OK...

don't play dumb

u are asking if he'll be an all-star; black and white; so he can't be a good player and not make the all-star team? he can't lose out that to howard/shaq/okafor/etc and still be a strong top-10 center? not every top-10, or even top-5 center will make the all-star game

btw, i voted no for the poll, but i would vote yes for him possibly being a top 10 center during his career

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

OK...

don't play dumb

Winner. End of thread. Diesel has so many skewed posts nad polls you think he'd work for Congress.

And just to be fair if we did get Gasol and the poll asked if we thought Gasol could be an AS in the East I would answer yes to that.

• Moderators

Bear in mind that making the All-Star game at some point in your career doesn't make you a world beater. Remember some names that were Eastern Conference NBA All-Stars:

Rasheed Wallace

Antawn Jamison

Zydrunus Ilgauskas

Jamaal Magloire

Kenyon Martin

Antoine Walker

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Glenn Robinson

Theo Ratliff

Dale Davis

Jayson Williams

Vin Baker

Christian Laettner

etc.

There is a big difference between making the All-Star game and making one of the All-NBA teams.

• Moderators

Quote:

Where did anyone say Horford was a world beater or All-NBA though? Did I miss another Diesel poll asking that question?
confused.gif

Diesel laughed at people saying that Horford would be an All-Star at some point in his career.

I was pointing out that this standard is not setting the bar all that high for a big man - unlike if he asked if Horford would be a world beater or All-NBA big man. Asking someone to clear the same hurdle cleared by guys like Jamaal Magloire, Dale Davis, etc. is not the highest bar in the world.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You should bump this thread at the All-Star break next year. The hype machine clearly has some people under it's spell.

Yeah because it's likely that a 21 year old rookie will make the all-star game..

Quote:

...Yeah because it's likely that a 21 year old rookie will make the all-star game..

A better question would be will he make the "all rookie" team for the rookie vs. sophmore game all-star weekend? And will Acie?

We have had two prominent picks recently that couldn't even do that.

I think they both will. thumb3d.gif

Quote:

Hate to put it out there like this, but let's see if we have any honesty on the board?

I voted yes, but I doubt that he will make it while on the Hawks. He'll probably make it while playing the 4 for another team.

Quote:

A better question would be will he make the "all rookie" team for the rookie vs. sophmore game all-star weekend? And will Acie?

We have had two prominent picks recently that couldn't even do that.

I think they both will.
thumb3d.gif

Like they used to say, the only person who could stop Michael Jordan was Dean Smith.

I think the same case is with Horford.

The only person who can stop him is Mike Woodson.

If Horford gets minutes, he will have one of the most efficient seasons among this rookie class.

• Premium Member

I just wanted to see how many people are honest here. Even Nick is conflicted by the ease of the question. I didn't want a song and dance about how good he's going to be, just point blank, will he be all-star material playing for us. Now, if I really wanted to be mean, I would have reminded the Liars that we will be playing in the East unless something changes and in the East you have:

Howard, Bosh, Okafor, Wallace, Wallace, Oneal, Randolph, Smoove, Bargnani, Yi, Bogut, Diogu, Curry, Shaq, and others... playing PF or C in the East...

BUt the intent was to see how many honest people would come out and tell the truth!