• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Once again another shot at the Atlanta Hawks

SmooveTheFuture

Steve Levy was on Sportscenter saying how the did the Sonics GM want to model the Sonics. He said who do you wanna model your team after the Atlanta Hawks??? Obviously taken another shot at our lowly team this is downright embarssing. He then mentioned that the Sonic GM since he came from the Spurs wanted to model his team after the Spurs. I dont know how much longer this is going to last with everyone taken shots at this franchise.

I heard another off-hand shot on ESPN about players just taking the money...the guy said "obviously Joe Johnson started this thing out by saying he wanted to 'be the man'...but in reality he couldn't do much of anything with the lowly Hawks and is now just cashing his paychecks".

$70 Million for what?...they are still the worst franchise in professional sports.

- that was from ESPN - Tuesday. chairs.gif

• Premium Member

I'm not so scarred by off-hand comments of this guy or that one... nothing against Steve Levy or the apparently nameless ESPN talking head cited here, but opinions are not only a dime a dozen, they also change as quickly as South Florida weather... what they say means very little to me.

As bad as we've had it for the last few years, surely people here aren't so young that they can't remember the long run of playoffs the franchise enjoyed from the Nique era through the Smitty era... that was a long time.

(It was also a long time to see early playoff exit after early playoff exit.)

But it does raise an interesting question... in fact, what franchises in all of USA professional sports are the WORST overall of the last 25 years?

The LA Clippers would have to be a candidate... they've been so bad for so long, and still aren't exactly playoff regulars even now.

The new Cleveland Browns haven't been around long enough to qualify, probably, but are a franchise starving for some reason to get excited.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays also may not have been around long enough, but there may not be a more futile franchise in any league.

Other candidates?

Quote:

I'm getting to the point that I hope JSmoove has the guts to opt out and goes to Orlando...I'll get NBATV again and watch him and D. Howard and the rest.
banghead.gif

Way to be a fan.

Does it really bother anybody that badly? Who in the world still watches ESPN and takes them seriously? It is a joke of a network and there is rarely a thought-out opinion to be found.

Do yourselves a favor and just don't watch ESPN outside of actual sporting events. It has sucked since 1997.

Quote:

I'm getting to the point that I hope JSmoove has the guts to opt out and goes to Orlando...I'll get NBATV again and watch him and D. Howard and the rest.
banghead.gif

putting dhoward on our team >>>>>>>> putting smoove on their team

nelson/turk/lewis/smoove/howard is not better than

law/jj/marvin/smoove/howard with chill/speedy/horford/shelden/zaza/solo/slim backing up

in fact, there is a very real chance we will have a better record than orlando this year, and even better that we will next year

Quote:

Quote:

banghead.gif

putting dhoward on our team >>>>>>>> putting smoove on their team

nelson/turk/lewis/smoove/howard is not better than

law/jj/marvin/smoove/howard with chill/speedy/horford/shelden/zaza/solo/slim backing up

in fact, there is a very real chance we will have a better record than orlando this year, and even better that we will next year

The Hawks own Orlando. They got into the playoffs because of the Hawk injuries. Dwight unfortunately will always lose to Atlanta.