• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A question for Daddy D (that's Diesel to you)

drzachary

• Premium Member

Sometimes, Vanilla is better, but when I have Vanilla at home in the freezer, what's the purpose of me getting more? That's the crux of the message here. Sure, Horford is 6'10 or so and sure he has a reputation as being a solid low post player... but he has shown no signs of dominance. He was on a great team, but he himself has done nothing worthy of being dominant. AND we have a guy by the name of Shelden who can do all the things we say we want Horford to do... Duplication of skillset. IF it were just Horford vs. Shelden in a vaccuum, maybe it would be Horford... However, it's Horford vs. Yi with a Shelden already in hand.

Yi brings a skillset that we don't have on this team. Mainly a guy who is 7 foot tall, fast, can score, block shots, with great athleticism. With that in mind, we're fools for not going with Yi. Especially when we have Shelden in hand. We passed up allstar potential for Horford.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off topic, but I'm making some olive oil gelato right now. Should be good w/ cracked black pepper on top!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Ron Harper - 2.0

Michael Jordan - 2.0

Scottie Pippen - 3.0

Charles Barkley - 3.5

Karl Malone - 4.0

is mismatched at basically every combination of position other than 2/3.

I have stated before for superstars I believe you can play people OUT OF POSITION. A team of 5 superstars wouldn't have a matchup problem as their talent would overcome the mismatches and while they wouldn't likely be as dominant at these positions the team itself is so talented it wouldn't matter.

All other things being equal, I believe you should want to not have two adjacent positions and the team as a whole too far off the "integer system" (that frankly, is in the making, so any advice is welcomed) standard.

W

Quote:

Sounds like a bad mix there, but I hear it's really good??

How many eggs you using?

I just tasted it.. fantastic.

7 egg yolks whipped with 1 cup of sugar

added 3/4c e.v. olive oil

added 1c heavy cream, 3c milk

pretty much ideal.

Guest Walter

be the better player, PERIOD.

He is not as redundant on our team or ANY team for that matter as Al Horford is to SW. Yi MIGHT be a "face up" player but he is a SEVEN FOOT TALL version with a SEVEN FOOT FIVE INCH WINGSPAN and a dominant interior turnaround (maybe that's "face up" to you too but whatever). He sure as hell isn't a swing man (2/3). He is a 3/4 now and eventually, like Dirk, a 4.

7'ers with Yi's skill set are too rare to almost EVER call them redundant. Maybe if Dallas drafted him or Toronto. But not the Hawks. Get a F-ing clue.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

7 egg yolks whipped with 1 cup of sugar

added 3/4c e.v. olive oil

added 1c heavy cream, 3c milk

Make sure you jog 5 miles after you have a serving. That sounds like heart attack food.

Quote:

You have complained ad nauseum about Horford merely being a product of the 'hype machine.' I take this to mean that the opinion most of us have of him is based more on public relations than on-court performance.

My question to you is this: who at #3 could we have drafted that would have been the best pick based on on-court performance?

Clearly it cannot have been Yi, as pretty much all we have to go by with him are Zapruder films and man-vs-chair closed circuit television beatdowns.

This is a perfect post. All of these players are products of the hype machine. Its the scouts job to sift through the hype and find the best player a team can get.

Hell, Yi has a PR team, negotiating team, and a training team that have been with him since he hit the states six or more months ago. I don't think the training team did such a fine job; since he declined one on one work outs and the combine measurements that everyone else participated in including the top two picks.

If ever there has been a player whose reputation with the fan base was formed soley on hype and potential vs competitive game time and athletic measureables this is the guy.

Quote:

If ever there has been a player whose reputation with the fan base was formed soley on hype and potential vs competitive game time and athletic measureables this is the guy.

Second! Somehow mediocre performances against 19 year olds (in that case- non existent performance), summer league teams, and Wang Zhi Zhi are forgotten when it comes to General Yi. In a league where Yao went 40 and 20, Yi went 24 and 11. That's the CBA equivalent of comparing Wilt Chamberlain to Zach Randolph. hmmm, really makes ya think...