• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amare Stoudamire ESPN radio interview

gsuteke

they caught him between classes. yes, classes. he's attending Arizona State right now. the summer semester is up just before USA basketball starts. in September he'll start taking some classes online. he's taking classes towards a History degree. the guy sitting in for DP asked him why he's going to school considering he's filthy rich and a superstar to boot. Amare basically said to better himself. As for the KG trade he said apparently the Wolves need to trade Garnett for whatever reason. as far as he and the Suns are concerned he isn't involved in any deal. how does he feel about being mentioned in trade talks? he said it's a compliment that Atlanta would want him. would he want KG on his team if it meant he was staying in PHX? he said he didn't know how he felt about that but he's not the one in control anyhow.

he was asked if he was going to finish that degree and his answer was without a doubt.

• Premium Member

Oh I definitely believe that. All my sources confirmed that BK and McHale had finally worked out a trade that fit our legal restrictions and fit the trade kicker from KG. All that was needed was Kerr to sign off on the deal and KG would be a Sun, Amare a Hawk and Horford and Law T-wolves. But Kerr pulled out at the last second and wouldn't sign off on the deal.

Quote:

Oh I definitely believe that. All my sources confirmed that BK and McHale had finally worked out a trade that fit our legal restrictions and fit the trade kicker from KG. All that was needed was Kerr to sign off on the deal and KG would be a Sun, Amare a Hawk and Horford and Law T-wolves. But Kerr pulled out at the last second and wouldn't sign off on the deal.

so they wanted Law at #11?

that's a coincidence.

• Premium Member

Sure, possibly but not likely. Kerr thinks McHale will be forced to trade KG or that KG will void his deal after this year and just go somewhere he wants anyways. Why give up Amare when you can wait a year and maybe get KG for a MLE deal if he's really willing to do that as he stated earlier?

Quote:

Sure, possibly but not likely. Kerr thinks McHale will be forced to trade KG or that KG will void his deal after this year and just go somewhere he wants anyways. Why give up Amare when you can wait a year and maybe get KG for a MLE deal if he's really willing to do that as he stated earlier?

Because KG is too good to take a MLE deal at 30. He isn't Grant Hill.