• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

GS seems to have gotten a winner

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Quote:

Bellini gets 37 in his debut. IMpressive.

W

...gotten a winner.

Nobody can appreciate Bellini's SL game and his seeming value as a draft pick because I point it out?!? What sorry agendas and bad attitudes we have, people. I legitimately thought it was an impressive opening night SL showing for a foreign Sg.

W

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._warrior_debut/

W

...gotten a winner.

Nobody can appreciate Bellini's SL game and his seeming value as a draft pick because I point it out?!? What sorry agendas and bad attitudes we have, people. I legitimately thought it was an impressive opening night SL showing for a foreign Sg.

W

Agendas?

Said the pot to the kettle.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Agendas?

Said the pot to the kettle.

Please do tell. Not the agendas you WANT to find but the agenda that exists. I didn't even like Bellini more than Rudy Fernandez in terms of international Sgs, but the 37 pts. makes me take notice. I addressed this post to those non-jerks. Perhaps I wasn't clear. No need to be one.

W

While I clowned you a little, I agree that Bellinelli looks real legit (I could see that in Intl. comps where he played).

I wouldve tried to trade for a 16-18 pick to get him. Dude is the scorer-type we need off the bench. Would've been perfect.

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._warrior_debut/

W

I agree. Hesitant to make any sweeping statements based on one summer league game, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't garner big minutes from Nellie this season & that's something I would not have said before now, even with J. Rich's departure.

In other words, if Ellis/Bellini can alleviate concerns about Rich's lost production, which the FO obviously believes to be possible, GS may have quietly done very very well for themselves this offseason.

I don't think you could ask for a better fit for Bellini than Golden State, what with the wide-open style of offense that Nellie prefers to run. For instance, had we (or any other semi-plodding, mostly half court team) drafted him, his talents might very well have been wasted. But Bellini's strengths seem to dovetail perfectly with what Don Nelson likes to do, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him put up a very solid rookie season.