• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Law the 3rd best PG available at 11?

CBAreject

Everybody knows I wanted Crittenton at the 11 spot, but was Stuckey also a better choice?

My reservations with Law include that I believe he will not be able to get to the basket so easily in the NBA as he did in college. His 3 pt shot was the best developed of the group, but I think Crittenton will probably catch him there, and he may have more range.

In 3 years, I wonder how we'll rate these guys...

Conley

Crittenton

Stuckey

Law?

Crittenton

Stuckey

Conley

Law?

I believe Law will be 3rd or 4th best depending on whether both Crittenton and Stuckey are motivated to surpass him.

Why are we always drafting players because of intangibles which may or may not translate? I feel that "knack for hitting the big shot" is more of a bonus than a primary reason for drafting a guy.

I hope I'm wrong here, but I think we missed on an all-star at the PG in order to get a "4 year college player who can hit the big shot".

Law is the most "NBA ready", most polished and most clutch of the performers...

I think all the others, your could argue, have more "upside" but the Hawks couldn't afford to take a project.

They needed guys that were ready to play...and they got arguably the two most "NBA ready" guys in the entire draft.

Yeah because the only reason Law was drafted and the only reason he won the Bob Cousy award is because he could make buzzer beaters

Lol

Please

Once again, ask DJ Augustin how quick Acie Law is. Ask the KU guards how quick he was. If he wasn't quick he wouldn't have broken down defenses all year long with him being the focal point of the offense

This is just another case of players coming out of school too early distorting people's minds. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest a player of Law's abilities has no upside.

He is a 6'3 PG with the ability to take you to the hole in an uptempo or halfcourt setting driving and finishing strong on either side. Also the deadly ability to shoot from beyond the arc and the ability to just take over a game.

With that size, abilities, and intangibles, he's arguably the best PG in the draft, yet now all of a sudden he's the 4th best PG?

GTFOH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzdfREPYZ4

On the season Law outscored opposing teams during the last 5 minutes of games. He is only an inch shorter than Crit and much faster. Crit was a disaster running the point in the postseason and he struggled against good teams during the regular season. Not to mention that Law obviously clowned Crit when they worked out against each other.

What i wanted was Conley at 3 and then Stuckey at 11. Stuckey could play the backup 1/2 role that Childress has been forced to play but really can't.

But Law was definitely the right pick at 11 after going big at 3.

• Premium Member

I'm not really worried about Stuckey being a better PG, because I don't think he's a distributor at all. I haven't seen enough of him to conclude that, but it just doesn't seem that way watching him play and looking at his stats.

Crittenton I think is going to be great and I'm not sure we made the right move either.

I think the whole point of draft Law is that in 3 years, we are competing for a home-court playoff birth and are expecting nothing less than making the second round of the playoffs. Being that good of a team with a 19 year-old PG is very difficult. Fans of playoff teams typically don't spend a lot of energy comparing individual players to those drafted ahead/behind them. Do you really think Bulls fans were sweating Shefalosa vs. Roy? If we are so bad that we are still dissecting every individual player, their draft position and their salaries in 3 years, then that would truly be sad!

• 8 months later...

I was REAMED for making this post. Law is the 4th best out of the rookie class. My comments stand. I also made posts on this long before the draft and got likewise reamed.

The motivation for choosing Law was the same as that for choosing Shelden Williams. One day you guys are going to stop crapping all over my opinions on the draft. You told me that you'd rather have Solo than Millsap and some of you were still clinging to that hopeless claim into the offseason.

Quote:

I was REAMED for making this post. Law is the 4th best out of the rookie class. My comments stand. I also made posts on this long before the draft and got likewise reamed.

The motivation for choosing Law was the same as that for choosing Shelden Williams. One day you guys are going to stop crapping all over my opinions on the draft. You told me that you'd rather have Solo than Millsap and some of you were still clinging to that hopeless claim into the offseason.

Umm don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

Quote:

My reservations with Law include that I believe he will not be able to get to the basket so easily in the NBA as he did in college.

LOL

You've gotten almost as bad as Diesel. Just because you don't want to give anyone credit for being right, you respond with "LOL", as if that substitutes for a counter-argument.

Law is completely overmatched in the NBA. He can't get good shots off, and that's exactly what I thought his problem would be. His PER is just about the worst of all first rounders in the draft.

Quote:

You've gotten almost as bad as Diesel. Just because you don't want to give anyone credit for being right, you respond with "LOL", as if that substitutes for a counter-argument.

Law is completely overmatched in the NBA. He can't get good shots off, and that's exactly what I thought his problem would be. His PER is just about the worst of all first rounders in the draft.

Acie gets to the basket all the time. That isn't even debatable to anyone who watches the games.

he has been hurt twice and currently has a sprained wrist. You do realize that right?

The starting unit has done better when Acie starts than they have done with any other pg, including Bibby.

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708ATL2.HTM

When does Law have a good stat line? He is a useless piece of junk that isn't NBA quality.

It's a damn shame the Hawks have a part time PG when they could have the best PG in the league. Thank you once again Billy Knight. I hope they let Bibby go because he is only useful half the time.

Quote:

You are out of your mind. Acie can get to the basket but he either gets his shot blocked, or he turns the ball over. The worst thing is is that we have wasted too many games playing him at backup instead of Salim.

Acie doesn't get his shot blocked any more than Childress does.

And saying he turns it over a lot is hilarious coming from a Salim fan.