• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Law the 3rd best PG available at 11?

CBAreject

• 9 months later...
Yeah because the only reason Law was drafted and the only reason he won the Bob Cousy award is because he could make buzzer beaters

Lol

Please

Once again, ask DJ Augustin how quick Acie Law is. Ask the KU guards how quick he was. If he wasn't quick he wouldn't have broken down defenses all year long with him being the focal point of the offense

This is just another case of players coming out of school too early distorting people's minds. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest a player of Law's abilities has no upside.

He is a 6'3 PG with the ability to take you to the hole in an uptempo or halfcourt setting driving and finishing strong on either side. Also the deadly ability to shoot from beyond the arc and the ability to just take over a game.

With that size, abilities, and intangibles, he's arguably the best PG in the draft, yet now all of a sudden he's the 4th best PG?

GTFOH

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzdfREPYZ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzdfREPYZ4</a>

BTW, I don't think BusBoyIsBack has ever said anything that turned out to be correct.

• Moderators

It looks like Critt and Law are having basically an equal lack of success this season. Conley isn't much improved from his subpar last season.

Stuckey stands head and shoulders above this crew so far.

• Premium Member

You are forgetting Ramon Sessions, who has already proven to be a better PG than Law.

I think the order should've been:

1. Stuckey

2. Conley

3. Sessions

4. Crittenton (upside)

5. Law

6. Brooks (role player)

Law should've gone to a playoff team in the later part of the first round.

Crittenton may or may not prove to be the better player, but he's still very raw at this point.

It looks like Critt and Law are having basically an equal lack of success this season. Conley isn't much improved from his subpar last season.

Stuckey stands head and shoulders above this crew so far.

On draft night i wanted Conley/Stuckey. I had never actually seen stuckey play so i was going just on what i read. I wonder how many here actually saw him play.

Horford is a solid player but he is the 2nd best 4 on the roster. if i could trade Horford for Stuckey now i would do it.

On draft night i wanted Conley/Stuckey. I had never actually seen stuckey play so i was going just on what i read. I wonder how many here actually saw him play.

Horford is a solid player but he is the 2nd best 4 on the roster. if i could trade Horford for Stuckey now i would do it.

Wow, are you sure about that?

Session scored 44 points and handed out 12 assists against the Pistons. Stuckey went 6 and 4. Annihilation. One game, but...

http://www.nba.com/games/20090207/DETMIL/boxscore.html

Law needs to get regular playing time before we judge him. He has shown enough flashes not to give up on him. If he is allowed to handle the ball with kind permission of JJ and Flip, he could penetrate and dish and make the game much easier for our 3 neglected forwards. Our Iso SG game is killing him. Even Marvin was not getting the touches in the last game. If Acie didn't get the 2nd foul on Davis 55 seconds into the game, and didn't play good defense, Clips were hot enough to score 140+ on us. Davis would require double teaming every time, if Bibby was guarding him. Acie was looking great just before he got injured last year. Twice. We'll see Acie vs Stuckdy on Wednesday. I think Bibby might think a week of rest could realy juice him up.

Crittenton plays at Smoove's speed. Everything happens in fast forward in his head. In other words, he can't see the game like a PG. A point guard needs to see the game in slow motion. He should try to become a 2 for good.

• Moderators
You are forgetting Ramon Sessions, who has already proven to be a better PG than Law.

I think the order should've been:

1. Stuckey

2. Conley

3. Sessions

4. Crittenton (upside)

5. Law

6. Brooks (role player)

Law should've gone to a playoff team in the later part of the first round.

Crittenton may or may not prove to be the better player, but he's still very raw at this point.

That is all true but Sessions wasn't in the debate with these guys just like Manu Ginobili wasn't considered as a lottery pick. Sessions was barely drafted let alone debated as a potential choice for the top PGs in the draft. So I totally buy having him in the conversation when ranking the best PGs from that class, but not from a hindsight look at what the Hawks could have/should have done on draft night knowing what they knew then.

Yes guys, as AHF says, this post is not about who the best PG is in that draft class. I made this post back before these guys had played an nba game. I thought we over-drafted law, and I'm bumping it just to say "toldjaso" to all the people who vociferously defended Law and attacked me (with all the GTFOH's and lol's and please's you can cram into one post). For all I lack, one thing I do well is pick the right guy in the draft. Many will remember I wanted Roy/Millsap instead of Williams/Jones. Roy was obvious, but I was more passionate about that 2nd rounder. Millsap was 1st round talent, and I knew it. Now he's nearly All-Star level. You can go dig up posts that I bumped on Millsap to say toldjaso, and guys STILL said after a year in the league that they'd rather have Solomon Jones.

Yes guys, as AHF says, this post is not about who the best PG is in that draft class. I made this post back before these guys had played an nba game. I thought we over-drafted law, and I'm bumping it just to say "toldjaso" to all the people who vociferously defended Law and attacked me (with all the GTFOH's and lol's and please's you can cram into one post). For all I lack, one thing I do well is pick the right guy in the draft. Many will remember I wanted Roy/Millsap instead of Williams/Jones. Roy was obvious, but I was more passionate about that 2nd rounder. Millsap was 1st round talent, and I knew it. Now he's nearly All-Star level. You can go dig up posts that I bumped on Millsap to say toldjaso, and guys STILL said after a year in the league that they'd rather have Solomon Jones.

told ya so after a year and a half? lol "told ya so Matt Jones was the best WR in the 2005 draft" lmao

told ya so after a year and a half? lol "told ya so Matt Jones was the best WR in the 2005 draft" lmao

It's as if you guys think "lmao" and "gtfoh" is a good counter-argument, and then you wonder why I loathe nearly all of you. Learn how to reason things out and logically state your case, and I'll treat you with respect. At the very least, learn to humbly say "you know what, I'm just not good at thinking, so I'm not going to argue with you", and I will respect you for that beyond words.

Yes, it's relatively early, and this conversation is not yet over. Nobody hopes that I am wrong about Law more than I do. However, the results after nearly 2 years indicate that I was right. The results on my Millsap/Roy suggestion cannot be argued now or likely ever. And make no mistake, if you guys could think of anything other than "LMAO @ U" as a rebuttal, I wouldn't feel obliged to say told ya so.

It's as if you guys think "lmao" and "gtfoh" is a good counter-argument, and then you wonder why I loathe nearly all of you. Learn how to reason things out and logically state your case, and I'll treat you with respect. At the very least, learn to humbly say "you know what, I'm just not good at thinking, so I'm not going to argue with you", and I will respect you for that beyond words.

Yes, it's relatively early, and this conversation is not yet over. Nobody hopes that I am wrong about Law more than I do. However, the results after nearly 2 years indicate that I was right. The results on my Millsap/Roy suggestion cannot be argued now or likely ever. And make no mistake, if you guys could think of anything other than "LMAO @ U" as a rebuttal, I wouldn't feel obliged to say told ya so.

um who are u? i've never even seen u post before lol

um who are u? i've never even seen u post before lol

OK, I'll walk you through it. See where it says the date I joined as 10/28/2003? See where it says I've made twice as many posts as you? So obviously I've been here a while. The reason you don't know me is that you haven't been here nearly as long. I rarely post any more because 1) I got busy with med school a couple years ago and didn't have to read all the posts and 2) I got sick of arrogant people who couldn't reason. There's nothing wrong with being stupid, but oh man when a stupid guy thinks he's smart, it's so annoying.