• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still waiting, Diesel

kelston827

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA!

This is the funniest yet.

Quote:

Dude if I cared enough, I could probably comb through Florida's games and find more.

Every single person on this message board knows that Diesel will go over mountains of data, peruse hundreds of Web sites, climb the highest mountains to find any shred of evidence that might help prove his point. The fact that he's unwilling to do is a tacit admission that this evidence does not exist.

Quote:

The fact that there are 4 bonafide teams who's bigs had good days playing FLa... Doesn't that state enough?

No, not even close. And every single person who has posted in this thread and the other thread where you were owned agrees with me and disagrees with you.

Four bad games out of 40 is actually a testament to a good defender, not a bad one.

Check mate

you are on the right track. watch for the diversion, it's coming.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

again, so weak it hurts...

So let's see. You used a guy who scored 10 points total as a basis for your argument of someone who dominated Horford.

You used a guy who scored 14 points total as a basis for your argument of someone who dominated Horford.

You brought back the Arkansas game, one that was already acknowledged in the earlier thread, so this is nothing new.

The weakest response yet. You're really making yourself look stupid. And the more you post, the more everyone on here realizes it.

Quote:

University of Tennessee: Wayne Chism.

Tenn vs. Fla Shot CHart.

4 of 6 layups.

1 dunk.

19 points... That's 10 over his averaged.

Where's Horford

Jascksonville: Tyrone Curnell

Click

This guy only scored 10 points, even though 9 is his average BUT he plays for the powerhouse Known as Jacksonville.

Where's Horford?

Stetson: Sheldon Oliver

Stetson game.

Dude scored 14 points. His average is 3 ppg. Check out the chart... 4 layups and a dunk...

Where's Horford??

I did say Stetson right?

Arkansas: Darian Towns

Arkansas Fla.

This dude put up 18 points. 5-7 layups. 1-1 dunks. and his 1 jumper was right at the paint too...

Where's Horford?

I can continue...
but why?

Please stop the insanity.

NONE OF THOSE GUYS PLAY CENTER

Some of those guys aren't even post players!

Shelden Oliver and perhaps others that you listed DONT EVEN START so those points could have come while Horford was ON THE BENCH IN GARBAGE TIME.

My goodness you are ridiculous.

and in the ultimate tacit admission Diesel knows he got used and abused during this whole diatribe, he pulls the "I'm done with this" excuse to weasel his eay out of having to come up with more and more lame excuses as to why his incorrect rationale is somehow correct.

It was a valiant effort at misinformation and diversion. The Bush administration would be so proud.

Who got punked?? Ask anyone in this thread or the "2 Question) thread. My guess is the answer would be unanimous.

Quote:

Dude if I cared enough, I could probably comb through Florida's games and find more. But would it matter? I mean, Fla had a cupcake of Cupcake basketball schedule. Especially considering big men. The fact that there are 4 bonafide teams who's bigs had good days playing FLa... Doesn't that state enough?

I am sure the rest of the SEC would agree with you and this cupcake definition of their conference. Who exactly had a tough schedule against big men. Seriously, there are always so many great ones in the draft every year. Which conference do they all play in?

You bash Holford for allowing Oden to score 25 yet do not give him any props at all for putting up 18 and 12 against the best college center since Mourning/Ewing. Diesel that championship matchup for all intents and purposes was a wash. They both had a great game and cancelled each other out.

If Holford cancels out the best centers in the NBA, I would say we got a great deal with our 3rd pick.

Quote:

You bash Holford for allowing Oden to score 25 yet do not give him any props at all for putting up 18 and 12 against the best college center since Mourning/Ewing. Diesel that championship matchup for all intents and purposes was a wash. They both had a great game and cancelled each other out.

If Holford cancels out the best centers in the NBA, I would say we got a great deal with our 3rd pick.

His agenda is so obvious isn't it?

The fact that he blames Horford for freaking small forwards and guards scoring is the most absurd thing ever.

Is Greg Oden at fault for Chris Lofton going off on OSU?

• Premium Member

I am trying to stay out of some of the more illogical anti-Horford tripe on this board but suggesting guards and wing players should "count" against a guy who played center and power forward is just too much.

I will say in Diesel's defense he doesn't usually go to the straight personal attack route and frankly while you may have a point against him it does look bad to include personal attacks. Let your argument stand on its own merit.

Quote:

No matter how wrong Diesel is, he will never admit it...It's sad to see, especially when he is getting tooled so badly.

Yeah, that's the worst part. He throws out all these arguements without anything to really back them up PLAYERS X, Y, AND Z HAD CAREER GAMES AGAINST THIS PLAYER I DISLIKE, HE'S A BUM if you have a reasonble reason why he's wrong, he doesn't say "oh, yeah, you're right" instead, he tries to find 3 more.

He doesn't have any real points, and so he has to try to wear you down. For all anyone knows (based just on stats) all those points could have come while Horford was on the bench, or if he was in the game, it could have been Noah's job to cover him, or maybe he was just following the defensive scheme that coach Donovan built, and it said for Horford to let player X score as many points as he wants. You wouldn't know it from the stats. And yet he points to them as fact and truth.

He never bothers to admit defeat, he just moves on and acts like it didn't happen. That's just the way the internet is I guess, no accountability.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You bash Holford for allowing Oden to score 25 yet do not give him any props at all for putting up 18 and 12 against the best college center since Mourning/Ewing.

First off, this goes back to purpose... What purpose did we draft Horford? Is he a low post scorer or is he a defender. If he is a defender, then of course I'm not going to give him props for scoring 18 over a guy in foul trouble, leading his team and trying not to foul out.

IF he was drafted for OFFENSE, then What about the 13 ppg average. Why is it that he only has 3 games over 20 ppg?

Quote:

IF he was drafted for OFFENSE, then What about the 13 ppg average. Why is it that he only has 3 games over 20 ppg?

His purpose in a Hawks uni is to be our center. He is the best prospect we have had at center since the days of Mutumbo and Tree Rollins. His game is a good all around game. He is neither Ben Wallace nor Eddie Curry. Ask why I use them as examples? They are perfect examples of one dimensional centers.

Holford is not one dimensional and this is what you are trying to bait people into stating. Now get over your bad love for Yi and start smelling the right choice of Holford. You get it? Start smelling the Roses that this draft has given us!

• Premium Member

At what point have I mentioned Yi??

No.. Horford is signed and a member of our team. My question was not bait... it was about his purpose here.

You say his purpose is to play C. Cool. I understand that, however, he's a prototypical PF IMO. In a league where Amare Stoudamire has played Center, I guess we can try it.

My point is that if his role is to play Center, then let's stop saying great offensive low post and defensive low post player. His history suggest that he is great at neither. However, athletic low post C... Let's try that.

Quote:

His history suggest that he is great at neither. However, athletic low post C... Let's try that.

I will buy that all day and he is an above average rebounder. Hopefully he will learn and improve as he matures also. Donovan stated his bball IQ is a strong point. Improving his skills should be a little easier for him vs someone like Curry or Kwame who seeem to lack that.