• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi's 1st quarter vs. Knicks -- WOW!!

kelston827

I don't like Yi, but it is just Summer League. Sorry, but it really doesn't mean much.

That said, Yi is incredibly raw, and if he ever becomes this superstar people like Walter and Diesel project, it won't be any time soon. He's got a ton of work to do on his overall game.

He is 5 for his last 31 from the field which is just abysmal. His defense is terrible, he turns it over at an amazing rate, his rebounding is poor for his size...

And why are Diesel and Walter ripping AH at every turn while ignoring Yi, their man?

Yes, this is only summer league. But this Yi has a long way to go.

Quote:

some geniuses who hate marvin and love yi, want to trade marvin for yi. lol so yi is sucking ass where marvin was the mvp last summer?

It is easy to be on Yi's bandwagon when you have watched only youtube clips. But when you have watched several of his games, like i did, you begin to realize that Yi just can't play.

Quote:

Quote:

some geniuses who hate marvin and love yi, want to trade marvin for yi. lol so yi is sucking ass where marvin was the mvp last summer?

It is easy to be on Yi's bandwagon when you have watched only youtube clips. But when you have watched several of his games, like i did, you begin to realize that Yi just can't play.

I really like his skill set. He just doesn't get it. All that ability and he doesn't even seem to want the ball or understand how to ask for it. He is definitely a project. Even if he ever kind of gets it, he won't really get it. He just disappears.

Balkman from South Carolin made Yi look foolish. Yi was very intimated by the athletecicsm Balkman had.

I watch it late last night on NBA TV too.

Their national league team is so unatheletic, though fundamentally sound. ?

By the way, Gwinnett County's own Louis Williams scored 29 point, 5 rebound, 5 assist last night vs. Critt and the Lakers.

Quote:

Balkman from South Carolin made Yi look foolish. Yi was very intimated by the athletecicsm Balkman had.

I watch it late last night on NBA TV too.

Speaking of Balkman, the guy should get some props for his year last year. I cannot ever remember a pick being booed as loudly as he was by the classless NYers last year. Now he is a fan favorite. He does remind me a little of a young dennis rodman. (wow, isiah thomas was right! can't believe I'm typing that!)

russian.gif

One thing you cannot take away from Isiah is that he has a knack for drafting quality players. Once he gets them on the team he sure the heck doesn't know what to do with them but he can definitely spot talent in kids. I was like who the hell is Balkman but that kid is impressive. I love the way he plays the game. I will be interested to see what their rookie does this year. Oh and he also did a great job with the David Lee selection. I never thought he would make it in the NBA but he has turned into a poor mans Boozer.

I agree that Yi will probably be an OK pro at some point. But he will always struggle defensively to some degree because he is cut out of that Euro cloth even though he doesn't play in Europe.

When a guy has this much trouble putting the ball in the hole, even at close range, you have to wonder what will happen when he faces real NBA front court competition.

This guy is 2 or 3 years away and it isnt hard to spot. Marvin was the same way offensively two years ago, struggling to score and it has taken him until late last year to get comfortable. The difference is Marvin plays defense and is a better athlete.

So, why would you trade Marvin for Yi unless you were interested in setting back the development clock? And adding a guy who will likely never be decent on defense?

Only a knucklehead would do a deal like that one.