• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

$126 Million over 6 years

WraithSentinel

• Admin

and I am baffled why Orlando allowed this to happen.

He is not a superstar yet he is getting paid superstar money. He is a good player maybe even a borderline all star but not this kind of money.

He should have been signed for about 10 million a year which is still a lot for him and the skills he brings. How do you go from 50 - 60 to 125? I just do not get it.

This will come back to haunt this team and they will regret it.

This is by far one the worst ever front office moves I have ever seen. Up there with Juwan Howard signing in Washington, The Minny Joe Smith screw up and anything Isaih Thomas has done.

I think Orlando has really really handcuffed themselves because they also have to give big bucks to Howard and their future is going to be trouble since they will not be able to sign anyone else.

They lost Hill/Darko for nothing and so basically they have Lewis/Howard and a bunch of spare parts. They need a pg (Nelson is not very good imo), a pf or c (depending on where Howard plays) and a sg and no money to sign anyone. Bleak.

Otis Smith just became one of the worst gms in my opinion.

I really hope this does not make Smith and Chill greedy.

Quote:

He is a good player maybe even a borderline all star but not this kind of money.

One all star appearance, 2 points. Can't carry a team to the playoffs. Does not defend. Gets hurt. This contract is a freak show. Not only that, he will be pretty much un-tradeable. Bravo, Orlando...bravo.

I wouldn't even CONSIDER trading JJ for him straight up and he got $50M more than JJ did? Puhleaze! He is a 6'10" scorer who doesn't really score THAT much. 22 ppg in 40 mpg is solid but by no means max material. He doesn't rebound or play D and he doesn't pass or handle the rock very well.

If they had stayed with the 5 yr/$80M deal I would have said fine but a 6 yr/$126M deal is Kobe money and he dang sure ain't no Kobe.

Exactly. Orlando's current management didn't learn from the mistakes Orlando's previous management made. It didn't help that Grant Hill was damaged goods, but they are making the same mistakes all over again.