• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight's Vision Is Complete!

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

of course I'd rather have Oden you goofball
nol2.gif

I'm just kicking tires
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

People just need to remember the 2003 draft.

Anyone would be crazy to suggest Dwayne Wade was on the level of a guy who was hyped up since his Junior year in HS.

WHat happened?

I think it's going to be De Ja Vu all over again between Oden and Horford

4 years later and no lesson learned by the media.

I think you are as positve on Horford as Negative Nancy and the Post Dodger are negative on him, but hey optimism is a good thing.

just be thankful we didn't draft Yi. LOL

I'm warming up to Horford as there would have been nobody there at #11 for the Hawks to pick if they had went Conley at #3.

I still say Conley will be the real deal in the NBA.

Quote:

I think you are as positve on Horford as Negative Nancy and the Post Dodger are negative on him, but hey optimism is a good thing.

I'm warming up to Horford as there would have been nobody there at #11 for the Hawks to pick if they had went Conley at #3.

I just think when you're the 2nd most sensational player on the floor in a championship game where a record breaking EIGHT NBA players are drafted with FIVE players being taken in the top 9, then you must be doing something right.

Quote:

Quote:

I just think when you're the 2nd most sensational player on the floor in a championship game where a record breaking EIGHT NBA players are drafted with FIVE players being taken in the top 9, then you must be doing something right.

i do think Horford is the Anti-Durant. he had alot of talent around him which in turn makes it likely his numbers will increase in the NBA.

I think Chicago got great value with Noah at #9. Brewer's handles scare me in the open floor. he looks as awkward as I do dribbling the ball at midcourt. for all I know he'll be the best of the 3 though.

Quote:

I realize the Bulls are a playoff team, but they still have one of the best collections of young talent in the league:

Hinrich/Duhon[?]

Gordon/Sefelosha [sp]

Deng/Nocioni

Thomas

Noah

But the scary thing is we even match up with the most talented young team in the league in Chicago if Law and Williams match Hinrich and Deng which is not as realistic as you may think considering the talent of those two young guys.

Also although we don't have the depth at PG, we got them beat at depth overall with Shelden, Solomon, Zaza, Childress, and Salim.

Quote:

Quote:

I realize the Bulls are a playoff team, but they still have one of the best collections of young talent in the league:

Hinrich/Duhon[?]

Gordon/Sefelosha [sp]

Deng/Nocioni

Thomas

Noah

But the scary thing is we even match up with the most talented young team in the league in Chicago if Law and Williams match Hinrich and Deng which is not as realistic as you may think considering the talent of those two young guys.

Also although we don't have the depth at PG, we got them beat at depth overall with Shelden, Solomon, Zaza, Childress, and Salim.

I think having great depth in terms of young talent is nice, but if the Hawks ever want to contend they will have to replace some of that young talent with veterans. The Bulls, as an example, have the veteran front court players who have been through the playoffs before to aid in the youngsters progress.

Maybe they use this year to figure out what they have and then fine tune things next year with a veteran free agent or veteran through a trade to help add experience.

In the end, the most important thing is winning. A great young nucleous is meaningless if it never results in a competitive team. At some point the Hawks need to make the transition from rebuilding to competing. Hopefully that time is soon.

The Hawks have 3 years in Chill and Smoove. 2 years in Marvin. a year in Shelden and he was a college Senior.

I think it would be a mistake right now to trade any of those players for a "veteran" outside of a proven star and those players won't be enough for a star.

you have the capitol invested in these players in the form of time, don't be itchy now and cut bait.

is that a 'head to head' ranking, i.e. how the teams would be if playing each other...or 'league-wide' (what their overall records will be at the end of the year?

Portland looks great on paper...until you start to think about all of the teams in the West, what they'll have to do to make the playoffs...

might change the rankings a bit!

Guest Walter

Quote:

All I'm saying here is everybody has their weaknesses, especially the Blazers.

Yeah, like SW shoulder popping out, MW hand breaking again, Childress' foot breaking, JJ's achilles tendon tearing, Lue's hip dislocating, Woody's face permanently forzen with the "dumb look" on it.

You're right, every bottom dwelling team is an in jury or two (or not even that) from remaining a bottom dweller. Point?

Portland is still stignificantly more talented and better positioned than us. I believe others are too.

W

Quote:

Portland is still stignificantly more talented and better positioned than us. I believe others are too.

W

Explain how Portland is "significantly more talented" than us

Acie Law = Jarrett Jack

Joe Johnson > Brandon Roy

Marvin Williams > Travis Outlaw

Josh Smith > LaMarcus Aldridge

Al Horford

Speedy/Lue

Salim = Rudy Fernandez

Josh Childress > Martel Webster

Shelden Williams/Solomon Jones = McRoberts/Channing Frye

Zaza Pachulia = Joel Przybilla

Again explain how they are SIGNIFICANTLY more talented than us

Guest Walter

Quote:

Again explain how they are SIGNIFICANTLY more talented than us

Because

1) i don't agree with your talent measures

2) They don't all play "up" or out of position

3) Their talent is heaviest at the most integral position (center)

W

Quote:

Because

1) i don't agree with your talent measures

2) They don't all play "up" or out of position

3) Their talent is heaviest at the most integral position (center)

W

So do you think Aldridge is better than Smoove?

Or Travis Outlaw is better than Marvin?

As far as Oden being SIGNIFICANTLY better than Horford, that's yet to be seen.