• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hollinger on 680 the Fan this morning

coachx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Sterling was the one who said Dominique is Monifique. No question. I knew Sterling a little bit and played tennis on the road with him in Detroit during the playoffs where Isaih Thomas hit that big scoop shot to beat us.

He obviously went on to bigger and better things.

Quote:

Just so you guys know Rathbun has been the Hawks play by play man on television 11 or 12 years not just a few years. He was here for the last good years of the old Smitty/Mookie/Deke teams.

no. Tim Brando is the man you're thinking of. He was great. Bob Rathbum was not around back then he's terrible.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If it was radio announcer then I would assume that he would be talking about Steve Holman and not Bob Rathbun.

I heard part of it and am pretty shurn it was Rathburn.

I didn't hear it but since coachx said it was a Hawks announcer for 15 years and heard it as Hollinger (sounds closer to Holman than Rathbun), I would only assume Holman. Rathbun just doesn't make sense since he has only worked with the Hawks for maybe 5 years and is strictly TV. But like I said I didn't hear it so I could be wrong.

I expect this from coachx, but you should know better Hawksfanatic. Especially if that is your handle. Bob Has been doing Hawks games a looong time. You should associate him with the memories you have of watching us win. I guess it's been that long, though. Hardly anyone can even remember us winning.

Quote:

I expect this from coachx, but you should know better Hawksfanatic. Especially if that is your handle. Bob Has been doing Hawks games a looong time. You should associate him with the memories you have of watching us win. I guess it's been that long, though. Hardly anyone can even remember us winning.

Some of u guys are definitely blurring your memories of Rathbum and Tim Brando

Quote:

Quote:

brando preceded rathbum. WHo can forget "SMITTY FROM THE CITY" or "Sir" Henry James?

Yeah, I remember now. How long was he here, though? Bob was definitely here for one or two years of the winning seasons.

To be honest, I was just trying to be nice. I really don't remember him doing Hawks games for an extended time. I remember him working for TNT for a while. Find a Brando bio or something.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that your memory of bob and tim are probobaly blurring and crossing over and mixing into one balding middle aged white play by play machine. I'll see what I can find. All I know is that I love Brando's natural delivery and enthusiasm and associate his voice with the smitty-mookie "glory years" (I wish I could exaggerate the quotes there)

Quote:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that your memory of bob and tim are probobaly blurring and crossing over and mixing into one balding middle aged white play by play machine. I'll see what I can find. All I know is that I love Brando's natural delivery and enthusiasm and associate his voice with the smitty-mookie "glory years" (I wish I could exaggerate the quotes there)

I know Tim. He's great. I'm a big fan of good play by play guys. My all time favorite is d*ck Enberg. I always liked Musburger, too. Especially after "You are watching what greatness is all about" I think that's how it went. That was a helluva game back in 87'.

I kinda' remember Brando, but I was right about 18 when you are placing him here. Those years were kind of a blur. Also, I remember the ball... just not the announcers. I remember going to the playoffs with Andrew Lang and such.