• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Every NBA team "Much improved."

Gray Mule

After the draft, trades, free agent signings, etc.

I'm sure each and every team sincerely believes they

are better than they were last season.

Why not. Everyone has the same 0-0 record right now.

When you end up on the bottom of the standings, improvement

should come easy. Any addition is considered a plus.

When you're on top, just a little tweaking makes you,

at least hopefully, better.

The goal of the teams that made the playoffs. Get better

and go all the way. Sure don't want to slip out of

the top eight.

The goal of all the rest of us is, make it into the

playoffs next year. If we do, someone must fall out of

the top eight.

Do the Hawks, right now, have the stuff to make it into

the playoffs?

Not sure every team feels like they improved.

Seattle is essentially rebuilding for example. Last year Detroit lost Ben Wallace, and replaced him with Nazr, not an improvement.

Things don't always work out as planned, but it seems like we've added some good players. Injuries should be less of a factor, so we should improve.

Here's a good question. Remember Big Dog? Across the league who is this year's acquisition that will submarine his team?

Quote:

Not sure every team feels like they improved.

Seattle is essentially rebuilding for example. Last year Detroit lost Ben Wallace, and replaced him with Nazr, not an improvement.

Things don't always work out as planned, but it seems like we've added some good players. Injuries should be less of a factor, so we should improve.

Here's a good question. Remember Big Dog? Across the league who is this year's acquisition that will submarine his team?

I don't know if he submarine's his team since they were bad to begin with, but I think the Knicks acquisition of Randolph doesn't help them in the win column unless they make some other moves to bring in a defensive minded big man to team with Randolph. Curry, obviously, isn't that guy.

I'm not sure anyone knows how much potential we have. Potential is a funny thing though . . . . lies there waiting for the opportunity to show itself. I think we have the players to make the playoffs, but I don't think we have the coaches to make it. Whether that will change in time remains to be seen. I don't think Woody can get the potential out of these guys to make it.

definately better than the Hawks(7)

Detroit

Cleveland

Miami

Orlando

New Jersey

Chicago

Toronto

Which means that the Hawks will battle the following teams for the 8th position:

Boston

Philadelphia

Charlotte

Indiana

Milwaukee

New York

Washington

I think for the Hawks to get into the playoffs two things have to happen. First the Hawks stay healthy, especially Speedy Claxton, strange as that might seem. Second, one of those top seven teams have to suffer an injury or injuries that moves them down in the pack. I'd love to see the Hawks in the post season this year, but it might be too much to expect.

• Premium Member

Quote:

definately better than the Hawks(7)

Detroit

Cleveland

Miami

Orlando

New Jersey

Chicago

Toronto

Which means that the Hawks will battle the following teams for the 8th position:

Boston

Philadelphia

Charlotte

Indiana

Milwaukee

New York

Washington

I think for the Hawks to get into the playoffs two things have to happen. First the Hawks stay healthy, especially Speedy Claxton, strange as that might seem. Second, one of those top seven teams have to suffer an injury or injuries that moves them down in the pack. I'd love to see the Hawks in the post season this year, but it might be too much to expect.

The season can and will play out differently. Injuries can and will happen, or a team could regress. And I don't think Orlando is better than us. The only teams I know for sure are better are Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago and maybe Toronto. We don't know how much Smith, JJ, Marvin and Shelden have improved. We don't know how good Horford and Law will be. We don't know how good we can be with a healthy squad and much better depth. Did you think Toronto would be a 3rd seed before last year began?