• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Canseco is coming after A-Rod?

Admin

I am a diehard Yankees fan. Always have been. Always will be. I am a huge fan of the talent that A-Rod has and I can honestly say that this year is the first year I have really felt like he is the best player in the game. However, if what Canseco is potentially saying about A-Rod using steroids is true then I hope A-Rod gets the same punishment or lack of punishment that Bonds gets. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he may have tried steroids once in his life, being experimental like a lot of people are, but I highly doubt that he used them like Bonds, McGwire, Giambi, etc. have clearly done with the way they bulked up and their numbers skyrocketed shortly thereafter. A-Rod has gotten a little bigger over the years but he was always a big kid with a freak of a physique even back in college and he has never had a season where his numbers blew away his normal numbers.

No matter what happens I wish someone would take Canseco and beat the sh*t out of him. I'm happy that his book might have caused MLB to crack down on steroids but he is a major piece of sh*t in my book with the way he has ratted out his friends in order to make money.

So for those of you who ever called me a homer or whatever you can refer back to this and see where I have said A-Rod should be punished (along with Giambi and the others) even though I know it will hurt the Yankees very badly.

Anyways, here is the article on ESPN today.

Quote: 
A-Rod has no comment on Canseco's words about new book

When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.

Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."

When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."

"Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.

In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.

Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.

Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.

Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he may have tried steroids once in his life, being experimental like a lot of people are, but I highly doubt that he used them like Bonds, McGwire, Giambi, etc. have clearly done with the way they bulked up and their numbers skyrocketed shortly thereafter. A-Rod has gotten a little bigger over the years but he was always a big kid with a freak of a physique even back in college and he has never had a season where his numbers blew away his normal numbers.

Yeah but he could have started much earlier. You wouldn't notice if he started as a teenager / young adult.

Yeah you would definitely notice because unless he did just the right amount to keep from continuing to get bigger on a more rapid schedule than most guys he would have gotten smaller since then, not slightly bigger. I seriously doubt that he has done steroids and if he has I bet it was only to try them out, but he doesn't seem like that type of guy to me. There was no doubt with Giambi, with Sheffield, but I have serious doubts about whether A-Rod has done them. If they do find out that he has done them then I hope he gets whatever punishment he deserves.

• Moderators

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if they say that Ruth and Aaron used steroids.
nol2.gif

Considering steroids weren't even invented during Ruth's best seasons and were never available when Ruth played, that would surprise me.