• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Sekou Piece

Lascar78

starting at $9M a season. A 5 Yr/$45M deal would start at only $7.5M a season. He is CLEARLY worth more than that already in my opinion. Giving him a deal now does pose some risk but I think it is a bigger risk to NOT give him a deal (assuming the deal is indeed in the 5 yr/$54M range). I think that not signing him to a deal in that range (if it is possible) could make it VERY difficult to resign both Chillz and Marvin next year. Maybe they could compromise and meet at 5 Yrs/$50M if they give Smoove an opt out after year 3 of the deal?

It's a calculated risk either way. I would hate to see him turn into a Darius Miles. He's had flashes of bad attitude. But I like the idea of keeping him hungry to play for his next deal.

I don't think it will matter in the end what we pay him. With his talent he will have value whether we pay him and keep him or trade him. I think he needs to show some maturity this year and maybe holding up the contract will keep him honest. Either way we gotta keep him.

Liked what Sekou wrote about our guards. Will be excited to see what his upcoming piece has to say.

An opportunity lies ahead for us to grow together. After JJ got hurt the roles on the team changed and different guys had to step up. That was good training for them and I hope we are able to maintain that this year. JJ has tried to do too much in the past and that limited our offense. Spreading the offense around could help us grow together as a team. For that to happen Speedy and/or Law have to take the reigns.