• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OT-A Question for 790 the zone fans!!

Wurider05

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the athletic world and the music business, Ebonics is not found in Corporate America and is looked down upon. A growing number of White America is also involved with Ebonics so it is hardly confined to one race.

As I said, I have no trouble understanding the Stews. I just don't like their show. I don't find it funny or entertaining. But, that show is going after a different demo and I'm not close to it.

The few times I'm listening I do find it funny that they act religious on one hand and then talk about getting some in the next sentence. I think they want their core audience to think their cool while still maintaining a religious front. They certainly want it both ways.

• Moderators

Quote:

They certainly want it both ways.

Which goes for many of our public figures and nearly all of our politicians (check out the track record for the Republicans in the family values era who attacked Clinton's infidelity [Clinton's actions speak for themselves as well]).

I don't think any less of Buck because he has a Southern accent. Hell, I am a born and raised GA country boy myself! I don't think any less of people from Boston or "BAH-stun" with their accents either.

I don't have a problem with you NOT LIKING the Stews or their show. What I have a problem with is that you are implying that they lack intelligence or value because of the way they speak. THAT is my point.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first post on this seemingly great site.

I have much inside information about 790 the Zone and have discovered a way to get their attention unlike any of the approaches used by Hawksquawk users to date.

790 has a sleazy but consistent history of pleading ignorance when it comes to hosts who disappear suddenly:

1. They are cowards when it comes to being truthful on air about departing hosts.

2. They hope that the majority of their listeners are too stupid and lazy to hold 790's founders (S Shapiro and A Saltzman) accountable for providing their listeners honest and clear explanations for sudden removals of its on air hosts.

3. There is virtually no cheap tactic Shapiro/Saltzman will not use to cover their asses, no matter how unethical or unprofessional their cover-ups may appear.

4. Shapiro/Saltzman have gotten inebriated with the material excesses that 790's prosperity has showered upon them, including exorbitant and constant dining out, alcoholic consumption to the extreme, limousines, Mercedes Benzes, swimming pools, gambling junkets, denigration of nagging wives and girlfriends, endless on air sexual fantasizing even though they are married men, frequent yearning for strip clubs, and worse.

5. Blatant lying about some celebrity about to appear "live and in studio", claiming to be number one in various radio categories, e.g. the advertising sales leader - even though a significant portion of these so called sales are actually just advertisers "bartering" cars, flights, services, etc. in exchange for ad spots

Are you really disgusted with this station's tactics, and want to see them held accountable for their cheap, unethical, unprofessional tactics and their reckless, anti social regular content, HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Contact 790's sponsors and advertisers - go directly to executive management of Delta, Home Depot, UPS and the like, and let them know how you feel about this station's sleazy and unscrupulous tactics - then remind Delta and others that 790's morals and values may be contradictory to Delta's executives and board members, their customers, their employees, etc.

This forum seems to be catching on to 790's willingness and smugness in putting lowbrow, reckless, sexual and exploitative moronic hosts in its lineup.

Contact me for help in combating what now is a "runaway sleaze train" that is fattening the pockets of its owners Shapiro and Saltzman who have deluded themselves into believing that their golden goose will stay fertile forever.

Remember I have had amazing luck with very little effort in getting 790's Shapiro and Saltzman's immediate attention, simply by getting the word about their tactics into the ears of the right movers & shakers of their sponsors.

After one such success, Shapiro fired off a wild, filthy word filled email to me declaring "I was enemy of the station" and threatening me with this statement: I will not tolerate you jeopardizing my livelihood!"

Oh, and guess what? 790 does not believe in the First Amendment’s right of free speech. You would think that is the amendment that they feel protects their mindless pursuit of lifestyles of excess at any price. They had their lawyer send me an intimidating, ,amateurish but sophomoric letter with the fabrication that "Georgia state law" prohibits my ability to "advise" 790's sponsors about what they broadcast on a daily basis. My attorney laughed at such a desperate assertion.

Contact me. I have all the names and numbers of the key executives of 790's sponsors who thanked me profusely for tipping them off. Remember - Image and reputation IS EVERYTHING to these companies. All they need is help in identifying stations such as WQXI AM 790 Atlanta who are poor representative of their client companies that they have gotten fat and sloppy on.

RK Taratoot

Marietta Ga

Age 53

Atlanta native

rkt5454c@comcast.net

770-971-3544

Quote:

...The only people on Atlanta radio who irk me more are Kincaid on the "Buck and Kincaaid Show" on 680 and Laurentino on the "Rude Awakening" also on 680.

Yeah...Kincaid is a real irritant...even worse here lately since he got the backup/weekend gig on espn radio and has fallen even deeper in love with his own opinions. I especially hate those gaps and repeats. Sportstalk in general has gone the was of "entertainment radio" (and I use that term loosely).

There's money in it now so they are all competing for the biggest audience. It's a gig and everybody needs a style.

I really get annoyed (and change the channel to 680) when Shapiro starts talking to his wife on the air like Imus used to - I personally think he is generally funny and knows a decent amount about sports - but the family stuff is too much for me.

I still listen to 680/790 though on my way to work...mostly to get the scores and news from whichever intern is doing the sports update section. They do have a few funny "bits" now and then though - like "Lou Pinella"...let me talk to a baseball man tongue.gif

Luckily I only have a 15-20 minute drive to work so I usually go with 790 in the morning and 680 at drive time...although I sometimes just switch to straight news if Kincaid is on a rant fence3d.gif

P.S. "Breakfast with Bernie" is a hoot - almost NO honest Hawks info - ever.

I listen less and less to both of them. Most of them are in love with their own opinions. When Kincaid gets on his high horse I turn it off. He criticizes everyone, but if someone else tries to do the same thing he cuts them off. I hope he goes with ESPN full time. He reminds me of one of the managers for a WWF team. Big mouth, spewing negative opinions, full of himself. Go back to Philly.

Quote:

This is my first post on this seemingly great site.

I have much inside information about 790 the Zone and have discovered a way to get their attention unlike any of the approaches used by Hawksquawk users to date.

790 has a sleazy but consistent history of pleading ignorance when it comes to hosts who disappear suddenly:

1. They are cowards when it comes to being truthful on air about departing hosts.

2. They hope that the majority of their listeners are too stupid and lazy to hold 790's founders (S Shapiro and A Saltzman) accountable for providing their listeners honest and clear explanations for sudden removals of its on air hosts.

3. There is virtually no cheap tactic Shapiro/Saltzman will not use to cover their asses, no matter how unethical or unprofessional their cover-ups may appear.

4. Shapiro/Saltzman have gotten inebriated with the material excesses that 790's prosperity has showered upon them, including exorbitant and constant dining out, alcoholic consumption to the extreme, limousines, Mercedes Benzes, swimming pools, gambling junkets, denigration of nagging wives and girlfriends, endless on air sexual fantasizing even though they are married men, frequent yearning for strip clubs, and worse.

5. Blatant lying about some celebrity about to appear "live and in studio", claiming to be number one in various radio categories, e.g. the advertising sales leader - even though a significant portion of these so called sales are actually just advertisers "bartering" cars, flights, services, etc. in exchange for ad spots

Are you really disgusted with this station's tactics, and want to see them held accountable for their cheap, unethical, unprofessional tactics and their reckless, anti social regular content, HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Contact 790's sponsors and advertisers - go directly to executive management of Delta, Home Depot, UPS and the like, and let them know how you feel about this station's sleazy and unscrupulous tactics - then remind Delta and others that 790's morals and values may be contradictory to Delta's executives and board members, their customers, their employees, etc.

This forum seems to be catching on to 790's willingness and smugness in putting lowbrow, reckless, sexual and exploitative moronic hosts in its lineup.

Contact me for help in combating what now is a "runaway sleaze train" that is fattening the pockets of its owners Shapiro and Saltzman who have deluded themselves into believing that their golden goose will stay fertile forever.

Remember I have had amazing luck with very little effort in getting 790's Shapiro and Saltzman's immediate attention, simply by getting the word about their tactics into the ears of the right movers & shakers of their sponsors.

After one such success, Shapiro fired off a wild, filthy word filled email to me declaring "I was enemy of the station" and threatening me with this statement: I will not tolerate you jeopardizing my livelihood!"

Oh, and guess what? 790 does not believe in the First Amendment’s right of free speech. You would think that is the amendment that they feel protects their mindless pursuit of lifestyles of excess at any price. They had their lawyer send me an intimidating, ,amateurish but sophomoric letter with the fabrication that "Georgia state law" prohibits my ability to "advise" 790's sponsors about what they broadcast on a daily basis. My attorney laughed at such a desperate assertion.

Contact me. I have all the names and numbers of the key executives of 790's sponsors who thanked me profusely for tipping them off. Remember - Image and reputation IS EVERYTHING to these companies. All they need is help in identifying stations such as WQXI AM 790 Atlanta who are poor representative of their client companies that they have gotten fat and sloppy on.

RK Taratoot

Marietta Ga

Age 53

Atlanta native

rkt5454c@comcast.net

770-971-3544

Is that you AJ Cannon?