• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How many wins for Hawks in 07-08 ?

coachx

Quote:

Quote:

Pretty strange that i am the only one who has voted for 40-45 so far.

That is what I hope for but not what I truely expect.

Ditto. While I expect the young guys improve, the East has improved as well. I'll say 37-45 and missing the playoffs again.

Quote:

38-44. Woody gets the boot. BK stays because the owners aren't very smart. PHX gets the 11th pick in the draft.

I'm with TP. Exception being that I feel we may not break the 30 win barrier. I'm going to say 32- 35, though.

question: would Woodson be the first coach in history to be fired after 4 seasons with increasing win totals? I think he would. Just goes to show you that stats, while usually very telling, can sometimes paint a different picture than the true reality. True reality: Woody is our coach. It's wishing on a star to hope for 45 wins or so.

will determine how many games we win. IF Marvin can become a CONSISTENT 17/6 guy and IF Smoove can take that next step and become a CONSISTENT 18/10/4/4 guy, I think we can approach 40 wins with 38 being my guess. Anything more than 40 wins means that the above happens AND Horford or Law is a ROY candidate.

• Premium Member

Marvin and Smith's development are definitely important. Speedy's health is very important. The rookies are very important and hopefully they can contribute immediately. I still went with 40-45 b/c I want to be optimistic, but there are so many unknowns at this point.

Hate to state the obvious, but our core guys (Joe, Josh, Josh, Marvin, Speedy, Zaza, Shelden) would have to play up to their potential or over there heads in order for us to sniff playoff contention. The teams in the East are improving. The mental lapses we had on the court and coaching cannot happen. We don't have enough veteren leadership to offset rookie and youthful mistakes. We're still wearing Huggies in a league filled with grown a$$ men. If Chillz and Smooth play more like vets than young guys, we might make some noise. However, I still think a lot depends on Marvin. If he's going to play starters minutes, he must hit his open shots, drive to the lane, and defend. If he's not ready to do that, I'd suggest letting Childress start. I really think Marvin is a big key to this. We know Josh is going to block shots. We know Childress is going to shot a high percentage. We know that Joe is going to give us tons of points. Heck, we know that Zaza is going to give us offensive rebounds. We need to know what one thing Marvin can bring to the table.