• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Espn: Roundup East Power

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Quote:

I think this board immensely underrates Lue.

It's because you are only as good as what the team needs are. Lue can't lead a team. If you need a guy to dribble while your pg is getting a breath, fine. But if you need someone to actually run an offense and move without the ball, then Lue is not your man. We're the Hawks, man. Lue is considered a good bench spark for a reason. He can't start. At least not for an NBA team. It's about how many wins and losses he helps the team create. Not how many pretty numbers he pounds away to. Especially at the pg position. Who cares about stats there? Except maybe assist/to ratio.

I guarantee you that Cleveland would have rather had lue than Eric Snow and LA would have rather had lue than Smush. Lue is a valuable piece to this team.

• Moderators

I like Lue as a backup PG but hate him as a starting PG. As a scorer off the bench, he is very effective and has veteran savvy. In terms of running the team, he dominates the ball way too much, IMO. For this team to be successful offensively, the ball needs to move around a lot. We don't have the post presence to a run a system where a guard pounds the ball and runs a two man game, IMO. Also, Lue and our other guards aren't good enough offensively to warrant running the O almost exclusively through them. We need to create better spacing on the floor with good perimeter passing. The way Lue dribbles out 2/3 of the shot clock on too many possessions pains me to watch.