• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Article on Smoove

Johnnybravo4

• Premium Member

Quote:

Q. In what areas?

A. I wanted to be more consistent on my jump shot and my handle, and pretty much everything. Off the dribble stuff. Coming off screens. All the different things I'm going to be faced with during the season are things I wanted to work on, and I need to be ready.

Quote:

. Should people expect to see a totally different Josh Smith than the one they've known?

A. I think that people are going to be surprised at how well my body and my game will look when I first come in. I wanted to stay at a certain size, a weight I was comfortable with. And I'm feeling more comfortable with my game offensively and defensively, than I ever have before. I'm at 235 [pounds] right now and I was like 245 or 240 part of last year and then I went down to 235. But I think that's all a part of your confidence. And when you have that in this game, I think the sky is the limit for you.

Great interview!This guy is hungry to perfect his game and to be a winner.You can never really gage heart and determination until a player is in your organization.Smoove is shaping up to be a leader on this team hopefully for a long time to come.But that puts a question in my head. confused.gifconfused.gifWhat is Marvin Williams doing this offseason?Is he sticking to his same regiman?The Hawks desperately need him to step up this season and it has been quiet from him this offseason!!!

• Premium Member

I think what you will see is Smoove come back capable of playing the Sf stronger.. and we playing Him, Horford as our forward combinations.

Maybe Marvin can get us Gasol!!

Gasol/Horford/Smoove...

Shelden/Gasol/Smoove...

Doesn't sound like the guy Jay Bilas was talking about on the night the Hawks drafted Smith. I am very happy at JS's attitude and determination. He has the fire-in-the-belly approach that stars need.

Great Article, I hope Marvin and Chills are following his lead. Maybe one should draft more on work ethnic, rather than just drafting on potential. You can tell the players who really care about their game, and you can tell the players who are happy just to be in the NBA, and draw a nice paycheck. You see the same type of people at the workplace every day.

Quote:

Yeah no kidding. I wish Marvin was doing something for himself this summer. We need him to bust out.

Just b/c there isnt an article on it, doesn't mean he's not doing it.

Marvin may lack aggressiveness on the court, but noone has questioned his work ethic. In fact, Roy Williams praised that about him.

I'm expecting him to really look nice. Along with Smoove and Horford, we actually may be a pretty nice team.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah no kidding. I wish Marvin was doing something for himself this summer. We need him to bust out.

Just b/c there isnt an article on it, doesn't mean he's not doing it.

Marvin may lack aggressiveness on the court, but noone has questioned his work ethic. In fact, Roy Williams praised that about him.

I'm expecting him to really look nice. Along with Smoove and Horford, we actually may be a pretty nice team.

I think his work was questioned, when he came to the Hawks and Bucks drat workout out of shape.But i think that was the only time.

Marvin is most likely working out with Sean Man and others at North Carolina.... i hope

Quote:

Sounds like he's even more focused and hungry to win, with more maturity.
thumb3d.gif

I'm glad he doesn't feel the need to be a heavyweight like so may young players. To me, core strength = longevity in the league.
superman.gif

Personally..IMHO..Mavin won't get us spit. We screwed up. The other teams want to win too..why would they take our bad baggage. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

He said before the summer that he'd be in Chapel Hill working out (some of the best offseason hoops in the world goes down in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Durham/Winston Salem every summer) and taking classes to work towards hs degree. I haven't found much insight on to how his summer's been, unfortunately.

I'm sure he's also spent some time at home in Bremerton as well.

Quote:

We need some street notoriety...somebody needs to spend the summer at the Rucker. I think JJ would kick azz out there..lol

We should send Zaza up there to toughen up a little. Teach him not to rely on foul calls all the time.

He can get the nickname "Scarface".

Quote:

Interesting that Smoove has dropped weight from last season.

Almost makes you think the Hawks want to use him at SF more this year while playing beside Horford at PF and Sheldon or ZaZa at C.

All I know is the team will have some FIERCE scrimmages in training camp. All minutes will be well earned.

At PG:

You got Speedy and Law going at it with Lue and AJ's veteran savy thrown in there too.

At SF:

Chills, Marvin, and Smoove going at it in training camp.

At PF:

Smoove, Horford, Sheldon, Solo going at it for minutes

At C:

ZaZa, Horford, Sheldon, and Lo going at it.

With that kind of depth and youth our training camp should have the forcast competition of any camp in the whole NBA. (Not many vets just coasting through our camp !)

I expect this tough, fierce, training camp to equal a good start to the season no matter how tough the schedule reads. We will simply be tougher then other teams right out the gate.

I really expect that Chicago Bulls mentality from this team this this year. /This team is getting tough minded and just added 2 of the most tough minded guys in the draft in Law and Horford. Every position, with the exception of SG, has fierce competition for minutes and starting roles.

I really like the make up of this team. Just up to the coaches to put it together and harness this youthful energy, fire, and fierce competition to = production on the court.

I really like what I'm hearing. I truely see it coming together THIS YEAR.