• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Article on Smoove

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Yeah no kidding. I wish Marvin was doing something for himself this summer. We need him to bust out.

Just to follow up on this...

From Sekou's latest blog:

"I have heard rumblings about a couple of guys (Marvin Williams I’m told is looking really good and sweating his way through twice daily workouts in Chapel Hill and I saw Shelden Williams on the practice court at Philips Arena Saturday grinding like he did during summer league, where he was actually one of the better players on the floor despite all the criticism he gets). Another spy told me Josh Childress is in Palo Alto, attending summer school and working out at Stanford. But since he won’t call me back (that’s shot No. 2 Chils) I can only tell you what I’ve heard."

So maybe Marvin is gettin it done.

It would be great to see these guys come back strong. If Marvin were to play up to his vast potential, the JJ, Marv, Smoove tri-fecta could be deadly.

Quote:

Quote:

Interesting that Smoove has dropped weight from last season.

Almost makes you think the Hawks want to use him at SF more this year...

Very interesting...I always thought that Smoove wanted to be a SF. Any trade package that gets us a front line of"

5: Zaza, Shelden, Horford (whoever is left after the trade)

4: Pau

3: Smoove

2: JJ

1: Speedy/AC tongue.gif

If the Hawks put Josh at the small forward position, then he may just become the Andruw Jones on this team.....i.e....a guy who will continue to rely on his jump shot without making any adjustments. This would be similar to Andruw's "I'm a pull hitter" mentality. We could call it Josh Smith's "I'm a jump shooter" mentality.

Josh at the small forward position is a tease because his athletic talent is immense, but his skill level is not up to par for the position.

That team would likely be the worst defensive team in the NBA. The combo of Zaza and Pau down low would give the Hawks a pair of the worst interior defenders in the league. Putting Smith at the small forward position negates his defense in the post.

If the Hawks put Marvin on the block, 29 teams would be jumping at the chance to get him. Unlike the fans on this board, the guys who get paid to do this see Marvin's talent and realize that he was a work in progress when he was drafted. That's why Marvin being one of the top 2 players in his draft was a consensus. It wasn't just the Hawks that thought this. Every other team in the NBA would have taken Marvin with that pick, but only the Hawks get criticized for doing it.

Sekou's post inferred that he's a little worried that no one on the team seems to be working out together...anyone else get that ominous vibe?

And where is Zaza? I hope he's putting in some intense work out time. Does anyone know what he's doing this summer? I tried searching for information about him playing in his native Republic of Georgia but found nothing.