Is Marvin your #2 pick on Hawks?

Zone034life

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

I certainly think that ALL of your players will get better and that could change the pecking order so to speak.

They could move up or down depending on how they develop or don't. Clearly, if Marvin stays at his current level he isn't a tier 2 guy for me. Likewise, if Acie Law ends up busting he would drop quickly.

I sure hope they will all improve and blossom, though.

he is not a Tier 1 guy either. I saw enough from Smoove last year to think that he WILL be a Tier 1 guy for us as soon as this upcoming season but his actual performance last year was probably that of a Tier 2 guy.

I agree with you that Marvin's performance last year was not to the level of a Tier 2 guy. Horford's performance this year may not be that of a Tier 2 guy. But going forward, that is how I see it working out.

• Moderators

Quote:

he is not a Tier 1 guy either. I saw enough from Smoove last year to think that he WILL be a Tier 1 guy for us as soon as this upcoming season but his actual performance last year was probably that of a Tier 2 guy.

I agree with you that Marvin's performance last year was not to the level of a Tier 2 guy. Horford's performance this year may not be that of a Tier 2 guy. But going forward, that is how I see it working out.

No question about any of that. I also agree with your current tiers for the players. I was just trying to make it clear that I could see guys falling off or failing to move forward with their performance in addition to continuing to improve like your post mentioned.

Marvin did improve over the course of last year but it wasn't nearly as much as I would have liked to have seen. I definitely expect more from him this season.