• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The HAwks Must Seize the Moment!!

Wurider05

With the unfortunate Vick incident facing the Falcons and the Braves not being able to add more pitching, the time is now for the Hawks to step up and shine. I don't see the falcons being the big attraction without Mike Vick, because say what you want to about him, he is one of the few athletes in the world that people pay to see regardless of how well the team is performing. I support all the Atlanta teams but most don't. Have you guys ever been to a Hawks game when we played the Knicks; I actually had to make sure that I wasn't in New york with evryone cheering for the Knicks. This season is very, very big for the Hawks as well as the Thrashers. Atlanta is a band wagon city, most folks don't jump on until the team is winning. Now is the time. If it means getting rid of Woody then get rid of him if it means starting Chillz over Marvin, then so be it, if it means throwing Smoove in at center then so be it. We have got to go for broke this year, we have nothing to lose but the chains of futility that bind us and losing. Remember to eat breakfast and to eat hearty for tonight we dine in hell!!!!

Most of the players seem to be working hard this off season and the rookies will be great additions.With that being said the Hawks season may rest on the shoulders of Mike Woodson.The ownership situation is a mess so change may not be iminent.His willingness to bench underachieving players,get the right rotation and being able to coach outside of his normal style at times is crucial.Lets face it with Dallas,Phoenix and Boston in the beggining of the season he has to give his players more offensive freedom.Defense will not win these games because the Hawks do not have the Spurs or (05-06)Pistons personnel!Although they will need a stop or two in the closing moments if it is close.Of course i'm not saying don't preach defense but I am saying he has to coach his offense much better.Atlanta is waiting to erupt with Hawks fever!It already has NBA fever as you can see by the ratings every year.

I just hope the bandwagon doesn't start rolling until mid-season at the earliest. I enjoy being able to score cheap second hand last minute tickets on craigslist...

And maybe by midseason Woody will be gone and we'll start winning in bunches. bandit.gif