• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who did we really miss.. ,when they were injured?

pimp

I was just looking at the Hawks record, when certain players missed games.

The biggest suprises, were that we played better without Speedy, than we did with him.And we played 500. ball without Marvin.Zaza Also wasn't missed as much as you might think.

Speedy Claxton

games missed = 40

Hawks record with Speedy = 13 Wins - 29 Loses

Hawks record w/o Speedy = 17 Wins - 23 Loses

Joe Johnson

games missed = 25

Hawks record with JJ = 21 Wins - 36 Loses

Hawks record w/o JJ = 9 Wins - 16 Loses

Marvin Williams

games missed = 18

Hawks record with Marvin = 21 Wins - 43 Loses

Hawks record w/o Marvin = 9 Wins - 9 Loses

Josh Smith

games missed = 10

Hawks record with Js = 28 Wins - 44 Loses

Hawks record w/o JS = 2 Wins - 8 Loses

Zaza Pachulia

games missed = 10

Hawks record with Zaza = 26 Wins - 46 Loses

Hawks record w/o Zaza = 4 Wins - 6 Loses

Josh Childress

games missed = 27

Hawks record with Chill = 22 Wins - 33 Loses

Hawks record w/o Chill = 8 Wins - 19 Loses

Tyronn Lue

games missed = 26

Hawks record with Lue 22 Wins - 34 Loses

Hawks record w/o Lue = 8 Wins - 18 Loses

• Moderators

The flaw in this is that it doesn't take into account who ELSE was missing during those games. The think Speedy's is misleading because he played short periods in games where he really wasn't able run and drive very well.

It is interesting that Smoove, Chill, Lue appear to be the most missed which outside of JJ makes perfect sense to me.

Yes your right, but most for the most part, guys weren't out in together in bunches until the last month and half.

more...

4 Wins and 5 Loses when Childress and Marvin were out at the same time in Nov/Dec

1 win 3 loses when JJ and Childress were out at the same time in dec.

1-2 when Smith and Childress were both out.

The only time JJ and Josh Smith both were out at the same time was when Josh was suppended for 2 games while JJ had his Calf injury

• Premium Member

Well, Smoove is our most effective player based on those numbers.

However, it also says, we miss Marvin the least.

I mean we won 50% of the time without Marvin.

I was shocked by Speedy's numbers too. We won 43% of the time without him.

It's strange that we missed Chillz and Lue more than JJ??

• Moderators

Quote:

Regardless of what the numbers say, we didn't miss Lue or Chillz nearly as much as JJ. I think what that does is call into question how much those numbers mean when they are affected by so many other things such as schedule, other personnel, etc.

For example, if JJ plays and scores 40 points in a loss against the Spurs while we are missing Lue and then Lue scores 2 points in a win against the Celtics of last season while JJ is out does that mean that Lue means more to the team? Obviously not. But that is what the raw numbers would suggest if you are reading them that way.

Quote:

Quote:

Regardless of what the numbers say, we didn't miss Lue or Chillz nearly as much as JJ. I think what that does is call into question how much those numbers mean when they are affected by so many other things such as schedule, other personnel, etc.

For example, if JJ plays and scores 40 points in a loss against the Spurs while we are missing Lue and then Lue scores 2 points in a win against the Celtics of last season while JJ is out does that mean that Lue means more to the team? Obviously not. But that is what the raw numbers would suggest if you are reading them that way.

One thing i know for sure is that the Hawks looked like garbage when Smith was out this past season. I almost stopped watching the games it was so bad.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

One thing i know for sure is that the Hawks looked like garbage when Smith was out this past season. I almost stopped watching the games it was so bad.

I don't disagree with that at all. I didn't stop watching but without Josh Smith this team really suffered. I just don't think the record playing without him stat is all that statistically significant if you look at it across the board. To make it significant, you would need to control for a lot of variables.

Win/loss record VS Playoff teams, when these guys were missing.

6-5 VS playoff teams w/o Marvin

2-4 VS playoff teams w/o Zaza

1-8 VS playoff teams w/o JJ

0-6 VS playoff teams w/o Josh Smith

2-13 VS playoff teams w/o Childress

7-10 VS playoff teams w/o Speedy

4-13 vs playoff teams w/o Lue

• Moderators

Quote:

Win/loss record VS Playoff teams, when these guys were missing.

6-5 VS playoff teams w/o Marvin

2-4 VS playoff teams w/o Zaza

1-8 VS playoff teams w/o JJ

0-6 VS playoff teams w/o Josh Smith

2-13 VS playoff teams w/o Childress

7-10 VS playoff teams w/o Speedy

4-13 vs playoff teams w/o Lue

I suspect you would see even more by giving the complete w/o list. For example, a lot of the games missed by JJ and Chillz were missed by both of them (and Speedy and...)

Quote:

In the games that Josh Smith missed

We went 2-8

We were blown out in all 8 losses

In the first two games that Smoove was out, we were also without Chill and Lue.

LOL . . during that stretch, Speedy had an 11 point, 7 assist, 8 steal game against the Cavs. But the Hawks still lost by 13 because JJ shot 4 - 17 and Marvin and Shelden had 11 points between them.

Salim really blew his chance during that stretch, to really step up and be an integral part of the team. Marvin stunk it up, with the exception of one game, as well.