• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Live 08 Ratings

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Yeah I posted them in the Lounge thread a while back. The ratings are complete garbage, how are Toronto and Orlando the 28th and 29th ranked teams? How is Terry better than JJ? Mehmet Okur is like the 17th ranked center, Brad Miller is 6th. There's a lot more horrible ratings too.

These guys obviously know nothing about basketball.

Quote:

Josh Smith is only 2 points better than Boris Diaw.

would anyone trade Smith for Diaw straight up?

Of course that would be insanity. Post-Hernia surgery, JS was simply taking over games. Opposing guards/swing men who dared to drive the lane simply "turned around" when they saw JS lurking in the paint. Plus, JS was getting pretty much every rebound that didn't drop into the opposition's lap.

I really want to buy a new Basketball game, but I know alot of you guys have said you prefer the 2K series over NBA Live. Is the latest 2K out yet? If not, when will it be? I know the NBA Live game is either out now or to be out within the next week or so. I've seen the box at some of the local gameshops. Which is the better value. If I remember correctly, aren't the 2K series of games much cheaper than the NBA Live ones?

Well, I picked up a used copy of NBA 2k7 at Gamestop this weekend for $14.00 I've played 4 games into the season and I'm impressed with the game play. I still haven't figured all the controls out as it's alot different than the NBA Live series. I do like it better so far though. Unfortunately, my used copy didn't have an instruction booklet so I'm kinda' learning on the fly. Anyone know how to throw an alley-oop?

Quote:

Well, I picked up a used copy of NBA 2k7 at Gamestop this weekend for $14.00 I've played 4 games into the season and I'm impressed with the game play. I still haven't figured all the controls out as it's alot different than the NBA Live series. I do like it better so far though. Unfortunately, my used copy didn't have an instruction booklet so I'm kinda' learning on the fly. Anyone know how to throw an alley-oop?

what system are you playing on ? XBOX? XBOX360 ,Playstation 2 or 3?

Thanks for the link. Should help me out alot. I've started out 1-3 and I've only blocked 2 shots in 4 games and Smoove has none of them. My defense has been letting me down as well as attacking the basket. Maybe knowing how to do everything will help out.