• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin Was the Right Pick jus at the Wrong Time!!

LastDon

A FOCAL POINT OF THE OFFENSE. JJ shot a high percentage in the 40s from 3 playing with Phoenix. He came here and now he is the man and the 3% is down significantly...

Everyone is talking about this and that but still dodging the question.....

Would you still want Deron or Paul knowing that it would cost you Shelden/Horford/Law?

That is the question that need to be answered!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Would you still want Deron or Paul knowing that it would cost you Shelden/Horford/Law?

That is the question that need to be answered!!

No it doesn't because we don't know who else we would have drafted if we had Paul/Deron.

If BK had been smart our starting lineup would be

Paul/Deron

JJ

Deng

Smoove

Nene

That beats the crap out of the lineup we will have this year.

• Premium Member

HOW MANY SEASONS DO YOU WANT TO TANK?

And to answer your question:

That season, they were.

However, we have been tanking since BK has been here. At some point, you have to build. At some point you have to review your moves and call the quality moves good and the other ones bad. There's no gray area.

I think passing over Paul and Deron is probably the worse move this franchise have made since taking Koncak over Karl Malone. However, you find the "greatness in that move"?? I've understood optimism. However, at some point, you have to responsibly evaluate...Responsible evaluation states... Taht was a bad move. PERIOD.

It's like saying: Trading Dominique was good because we would have never gotten Steve Smith if Babcock wouldn't have panicked. IN the end result, that may have been the outcome, but trading Nique was still BAD.

There are other ways we could have gotten Smith.. Just like there are other ways we could have gotten Horford or Law? Therefore, the move isn't part of some great masterplan. It was a dumb move... Period.

like we are. The jury is still out. What was shaping up to be a horrible rebuilding process for BK has an opportunity to actually be a worth while one.

I think.. that alone is enough to get TRU HAWKS FANS SOMETHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT...

I'm not from Atlanta and I been down with this team since I was 6 years old when Nique was my favorite player. I stuck wit the team even after Nique left.

I'm a true hawks fan unlike some.....

even when we had Cris Crawford, Priest Lauderdale... Jr.Rider, Dion Glover ect at different stages of this losing period... I been supporting this team jus like you... and I've never wanted to tank unless it was clear that we couldn't make the playoffs..

I AGREE IT WAS A HORRIBLE CHOICE. But I jus think that Acie Law is going to be jus as good if givin the playing time..

See you want BK gone... I think Mike Woodson is the hawks problem.... I think that BK has done a much better job than Babcock in at least getting desent players instead of busts.

I just think we need a better coach to get the best out of the players we have!!!!

I'M ON THE FIRE MIKE WOODSON BANDWAGON INSTEAD OF BK... SEEMS AS IF BK REFUSES TO FIRE HIS FRIEND SO THAT MEANS HE MIGHT HAVE TO GO ALSO.

• Moderators

If I could go back in time and had the choice of taking Deron, Paul or Marvin, I would take Deron.

Deron struggled his rookie season and blossomed his sophmore year. By that rationale, we would have had another excellent pick that year to add to a core of Josh Smith, Josh Childress, JJ, Zaza and Deron. We still deal Al Harrington for a pick or for a player and don't get Al Horford but I would be willing to suck that up.

One other bonus to that approach is that we also wouldn't sign Speedy and would have invested that $$ (and probably the $$ spent on Lo) on an interior player.

Quote:

WE SCREWED UP NOT TAKING PAUL OR DERON BUT WE STILL CAME OUT OF THIS SITUATION PRETTY GOOD. THAT'S ALL IM SAYING NO MORE NO LESS AND IT ALL COMES IN SOME WAY AS A RESULT OF US DRAFTING MARVIN WILLIAMS.

We still do not know whether this is a good situation or not. So far BK has been wrong on every lottery pick he has made so as much as I like Horford and Law, the fact that BK choose them makes me concerned.

with a jumpshot. I think he is still on pace to reach his ceiling. I think that we got what bargained for. If Law is a bust then I'll point the finger again at BK.

Yes BK chose Marvin which as far as fit and production at the time was a bad choice. He based his draft selection on taking the best player available which is obviously not Marvin. So BK made a mistake, he tried to make up for it with Speedy and injuries prevented that. Now this season he tryin to Make up for it with Law.

If Law doesn't pan out then I will say we made a mistake, and start pointing the finger at BK again.

But guys we just drafted the best PG in College basketball last season. Some are not even optimistic about how he might play and that he might make us forget passing on Paul and Deron.

What type of Hawks fans are Guys??

Got to see the Glass Half Full guys.....

Quote:

with a jumpshot.

And they were wrong. Marvin doesn't have as much talent as he was hyped to have.

You weren't even a gleam in your parents eyes when Worthy came out. However i remember him well. He was dominant in college and was the best player on a title team (that included a freshman Jordan).

Marvin isn't comparable to Worthy at all.

• Premium Member

I disagree that Marvin's potential isn't great anymore. I still think he has a TON of potential, I just don't think he has the work ethic and mindstate to achieve it.

I know you said Deng's 06-07 season was your best Marvin expectation, and I agree Marvin's game is very similar to Deng's, but I still think he has more potential than that. I just don't think it's likely he meets it.

And I didn't see nothing more than a guy with a descent post game with the little patient spin move to the baseline.. The rest of his points were garbage points and finishing off plays that Magic created.

Marvin still has time to get a back to the basket game and just needs a kick in the but to get more garbage points... Hopefully a better point guard can get him some easy finishes. James Worthy was good but to me he was nothing more than a 2nd/3rd scorer in the pros.

Marvin Could score 20 playing with Magic Johnson

• Premium Member

... if you practice it. But that's my point exactly, I just didn't like his comments in his interview, and basically all the reports I've ever read about him. He just doesn't seem to have the desire to hone the specific aspects of his game to become a great player. As he said in the interview, "It wasn't until he ran into an assistant coach later in the summer" that he began to work on specific things. Playing pickup games and working out doesn't improve the small individual skills that need to be worked on. Hopefully he proves me wrong.