• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think we missed out on a solid bu SG

capstone21

• Admin

We should have went after Dahntey Jones. He was available and we should have brought him in here to backup JJ.

He would have been perfect. Now he is with the Celtics along with Batista.

I am one of the ones who doesn't care that Batista is gone. I think he had an awesome tourney but he played for Uragray and someone had to step up for that team. He did. He never would have done anything on this team as we have so much talent at his position of PF anyway.

We still need that backup as Childress is more a sf and I can't stand when Salim comes in the game because he is so limited defensively, size wise and actually offensively.

• Admin

with that signing and the other guards they have brought in... Do you think Tony Allen is available? We could offer Lue and a 2nd for him. Lue is Garnett's best friend and he would give them a backup point guard to Rondo.

That is something to consider. If Allen is healthy, he would make a good backup to JJ at sg.

• Premium Member

There is no way they trade Tony Allen for Lue/2nd, unless his recovery is just horrible and he won't be his same self. I really like Tony and he played great until he got injured, but there's no way Boston would make that trade IMO.

Quote:

There is no way they trade Tony Allen for Lue/2nd, unless his recovery is just horrible and he won't be his same self. I really like Tony and he played great until he got injured, but there's no way Boston would make that trade IMO.

Agreed. It would be huge for them if he were healthy this season.

hello all. big hawks fan here.

i would have to disagree about batista. he played well against a bunch of teams even if he was double teamed. usa didnt really double him, but he pretty much...no definitely torched every person who guarded (remember..1st and 2nd team ALL NBA players guarding him). he even had alley oops on us. he destroyed us in the first half when he was already the main focus of the usa's defensive plan. he's all the way legit even though he is goofy and a bit out of control.

he's going to make the hawks looks stupid when he goes off as a banger and 6th or 7th man for the celtics.