• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hornets GM is Officially the Worst GM in the NBA

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

I disagree.

Simmons was playing behind West and Chandler...Not to mention that everybody is high on Hilton Armstrong and Julian Wright. Simmons just didn't find a spot.

But getting Wesley when you have CP3 and Bobby Jackson says one thing... They needed a shooter who can allow CP3 to move to OG.

Salim Stoudamire would have been just right for them.

Quote:

Quote:

Simmons just didn't find a spot.

That doesn't mean you just give away a young PF for free.

I like Simmons also and I believe he's worth more than they traded him for, but we've given up on Batista, used Diaw as a throw in...soon enough we're likely going to have to "give up on" somebody because of our contract situations.

In light of NO getting Chandler FOR NOTHING, a VERY good fit for them, while this is a poor move, it isn't a substantial one and their drafting has been 1000x better given their draft position.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Wesley will be released for cap space.

Seriously, when trading for a Cleveland PG you know you aren't getting anything on the floor. Look elsewhere to see why they might have done this deal.

• Premium Member

The truth of the matter is that Simmons haven't really showed much on this level. Yes, he was a college stud... But in the pros, nothing yet.

it was really the case of trading for Hope. Cleveland hoped that they got a guy who can be a good big (in case they lose Anderson).

N.O. Hope that they got a guy who can be counted on for 3 pters to open up their offense.

The truth is that Simmons might not pan out and Wesley might not having anything left...

But there's still hope!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Simmons said earlier this week that he had been struggling to get into shape after an ankle injury prevented him from working out most of the summer. That injury sidelined him from playing on the Hornets' summer league team.

When there's a player in N.O. that's not working out in the summer, he's traded!

About the 1.6 Million. IF it means that N.O. can resign PJ Brown, I think it might not be a bad thing!