Is It Too Soon?

dakast

Quote:

I hope that you are not suggesting that Ming is a good defender are you? If so you obviously didn't see him against Boozer in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Yao is definitely a good defender. On the season he held his opponents to a PER of 11.6.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06HOU15C.HTM

The problem with Utah is that Okur plays outside and Yao isn't going out to defend the 3 pt line. Therefore he got matched up with Boozer who isn't a center and is much too quick for him to keep up with.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Are you going to tell me that JT and Dampier were better individually than Hinrich and Wallace?

Are you really this clueless? JT played a lot of SG this year while Devin Harris received most of the PG duties. Harris started 61 games and he is a very good defender. They also have Dampier and Diop who are very good defenders at the center position.

Quote:

In fact, the top 5 defensive teams from last year didn't have a point guard or center voted to the 1st or 2nd all defensive team. The top defensive teams were;

San Antonio

Detroit

Houston

Dallas

Cleveland

Where did I say you had to have an "all defensive teamer" at one of those 2 positions? Please show me where? I SAID that it is essential that you have at LEAST adequate defenders in those positions if you want to have a good defense.

Quote:

So I'm not sure whether your theories are correct regarding the importance of individual defenders to team defense. Certainly the point guard and center positions are not the key based on last years results.

If you knew anything about defense other than "who gave up the most ppg" you would understand what I meant. Unfortunately you don't.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Are you really this clueless? JT played a lot of SG this year while Devin Harris received most of the PG duties. Harris started 61 games and he is a very good defender.

O.k. in 1005-06 season, Dallas was 7th in field goal percentage allow and Devin Harris started 4 games. So how do you account for this?

well, hopefully atleast.

My gut feeling is 42.

I think the Hawks have too much talent to continue losing 50 games a season.

The real over/under should be how many practices until Acie and Salim get into a shoving match considering their competitive dispositions.

Guest Walter

Quote:

well, hopefully atleast.

I would hope so as well. But I "hoped" for a conservative 34 last year. Didn't even make that. This is about how close one becomes to being right and not about how many games a "fan" needs to "hope" for to demonstrate the proper amount of suspended disbelief, right?

Quote:

My gut feeling is 42.

Do you recall how wrong your gut was last year?

Quote:

I think the Hawks have too much talent to continue losing 50 games a season.

As do I (82-36 = 46). What team with a #2, #3, #5, #6, #17, and an all-star received through essentially 3 mortgaged 1st rd picks doesn't have enough talent...however, we're closer to too little talent than too much.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Actually I don't recall Waldo. My guess is I probably said 40.

Ouch! That was a very poor prediction on your part. One that should lend no one including yourself much confidence in your prognostication. However, I'm sure that considerable amount of misplaced "hope" makes your a much better "fan".

Interestingly, however, we both have the Hawks improving by 2 games on our prediction for them last year. From 40 to 42 for you. From 34 to 36 for me.

However, "WRONG!" I am, you apprently follow well and if nothing else learned from your mistake SOMEWHAT last year.

W