• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sasha Pavlovic.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Any interest in this guy? You would almost certainly have to include Josh Childress in the trade because of SP's BYC issues.

His perimeter shooting would be a welcome addition, I'm sure. Apparently, a decent defender as well.

Quote:

Any interest in this guy? You would almost certainly have to include Josh Childress in the trade because of SP's BYC issues.

His perimeter shooting would be a welcome addition, I'm sure. Apparently, a decent defender as well.

BYC? As far as i know he hasn't signed yet.

What kind of salary is he asking for?

Not sure I would give up Childress for him. In fact, Sasha and Childress would be an excellent set of back-ups for JJ and Marvin. But, you are right in that Pavlovic could be a good addition to the team...

• Premium Member

Quote:

He hasn't signed, and the Cavs have already brought in Devin Brown in case things don't work out with Sasha.

He would like closer to the MLE, but the Cavs aren't wanting to give him that much because of luxury tax issues.

Quote:

Quote:

He hasn't signed, and the Cavs have already brought in Devin Brown in case things don't work out with Sasha.

He would like closer to the MLE, but the Cavs aren't wanting to give him that much because of luxury tax issues.

Personally i would trade Childress for him (as long as Pavlovic will accept a salary of 4-5 million/yr) but i am probably in the minority.

On second thought Childress is probably too much for him. They might be interested in Lue though.

I would be very interested in him. Solid FG% and decent 3 point %age (slightly over 40). Excellent FT shooter. Good size for a 2/3 tweener.

May (will) want too much money though:

from ESPN.com

"Status Alert: Pavlovic's agent said his client will not report to training camp on Monday and will let Cleveland's qualifying offer of $2.8 million expire, the Akron Beacon Journal reports. (Sep 29)"

Quote:

I'm not the most knowledgeable fan, but I have to say Sasha Pavlovic has got to be the worst starting SG/SF in the NBA last year.

I couldn't stand watching him in the playoffs...I thought he was just flat-out awful.

Basically the worst player on the court at all times, IMO.

I thought he was the 2nd best player on their team once Hughes got hurt in the playoffs. He is skilled offensively. He can shoot and is better then average atheltically, with pretty good handles. He also has a killer, aggressive instinct offensively.

He had some big scoring games is really the only wing they had who could run except for James in he playoffs.

Of course my opinion is no better then yours but we must have seen different games. I must have watched his good games that you missed.

• Premium Member

He looked good in the playoffs. However after reading up on him he apparently is a pretty poor ball handler.

You'd still have two good ballhandlers in the game with the PG and JJ (who could guard the 3).

Looks like he wants 5 yrs., $25M, which is comparable to the Posey, Stevenson, Peterson, and Kapono deals.

Standard regular season stat-line for Pavlovic (I think most know what #s mean what so I'm not posting the headings). I think we could definitely use a guy like this as a 2/3 backup and insurance if JJ gets dinged up.

22.9 minutes a game would fit in pretty good with our lineup over the course of the season (less some games/more others)

Aleksandar Pavlovic 67 28 22.9 .453 .405 .794 .30 2.00

2.40 1.6 .82 .25 1.52 2.20 9.0ppg parrot.gif