• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Observations from the Scrimmage TOday!!

Wurider05

1. Horford is a beast and is muscular as hell. LAw is the real deal but I think that he may hurt his game by giving up scoring opportunities too much.

2. Josh Smith maybe hanging around the three point line again this season but his shot has improved.

3. Marvin looks about the same as last year and frankly I am starting to worry alittle bit. He draws contact but he can't finish

4. I think that Chillz will have an excellent year. He has added a turn around jumper to his arsenal.

Based on what I saw today here is my starting lineup:

LAW

JJ

CHILLZ

SMOOVE

Horford

or

LAW

JJ

SMOOVE

HORFORD

ZAZA

The second lineup s my starting five in NBA 2K8.

Yeah...I think it was Dominique that said (interview during the break before the scrimmage) that the NBA is a year-round vocation these days and you have to add something to your game every off-season. Apparently JChillz has.

He may have a hard time breaking the "off-the-bench" rep...but I don't know if they are realistically going to be able to keep him out of the starting lineup this year. You gotta play the guys who give you the best chance to win.

Of course this was just one scrimmage and I'm still somewhat of a JC critic due to his release point.

Quote:

1. Horford is a beast and is muscular as hell. LAw is the real deal but I think that he may hurt his game by giving up scoring opportunities too much.

2. Josh Smith maybe hanging around the three point line again this season but his shot has improved.

3. Marvin looks about the same as last year and frankly I am starting to worry alittle bit. He draws contact but he can't finish

4. I think that Chillz will have an excellent year. He has added a turn around jumper to his arsenal.

Based on what I saw today here is my starting lineup:

LAW

JJ

CHILLZ

SMOOVE

Horford

or

LAW

JJ

SMOOVE

HORFORD

ZAZA

The second lineup s my starting five in NBA 2K8. [/quote

Marvin Williams does not deserve to start and I think people are starting to realize this.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I'm still somewhat of a JC critic due to his release point.

That is a weak reason to be critical.

A weak reason to be critical of his outing in the scrimmage or of his long-term potential to create his own shot?

Quote:

Quote:

Not really if you look at him as a backup 2 (which many of us have for some time). I agree that it isn't as important if you look at him as a potential starting 3.

If that's the case, we need a backup 2. Maybe Law can fit the bill? I dunno...that's a lot to put on a 6'3" rookie who has been playing PG. Salim is not a guy I think we can count on there at all (sorry JB) and Marvin couldn't handle 2's defensively. West looks like a hustle player who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Depth is great - but if you don't have anybody to reasonably back up your best player the whole season can go to h#ll in a handbasket off of one injury.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A weak reason to be critical of his outing in the scrimmage or of his long-term potential to create his own shot?

I have heard that "over-used" comment but it is not relevant. The guy can shoot and shoots at a high percentage. Because you don't like his release is "poppy-****". He is a very intelligent shooter and does "get his shot off". He handles the rock as well as most (evidence of his minutes at the point) and does more than shoot which blurs some's concousness.

I don't buy that "can't get his shot off" rubbish.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have heard that "over-used" comment but it is not relevant. The guy can shoot and shoots at a high percentage. Because you don't like his release is "poppy-****". He is a very intelligent shooter and does "get his shot off". He handles the rock as well as most (evidence of his minutes at the point) and does more than shoot which blurs some's concousness.

I don't buy that "can't get his shot off" rubbish.

Of course he can get off his jumpshot when he is not tightly guarded. He also does a good job slashing to the basket, scoring on the fast break and getting put-back baskets off offensive rebounds. Combined, this results in a very moderate scoring average and a very high degree of efficiency.

The question is whether you think he can create his own shot. That has nothing to do with other aspects of his game like ballhandling and passing.

I realize we were posting at the same time - but I do think my 2 versus 3 point is valid. If JJ is at the 2 and JC is at the 3 - his low release point is less critical.

If JJ is on the bench, we need a shooter to replace himand one with a high release point from the outside is important.

(Soze it doesn't get stuffed back down his throat)

So what it comes down to is (IMO)...if JChillz is the best 3 we need help at the backup 2 in case of a ding to JJ. Playing Salim there for any length of time wouldn't work. The only guy big enough and with the skills to play PG and cover Salim defensively would be the guy who would be missing (JJ).

• Premium Member

I think the more important question is does he really need to be able to create his own shot off the dribble.

I mean, we have JJ, we have Smoove, we have now Law and Speedy.. How many guys do you need to be able to create off the dribble? I think that's just a red herring that people have used to pigeon-hole Chillz to the bench. He doesn't have to be the next Scottie Pippen to be a guy who gives us a chance to win every night!!

Moreover the fact that his "game" is progressing tells me that we are doing this team a disservice by not starting him.

Quote:

Moreover the fact that his "game" is progressing tells me that we are doing this team a disservice by not starting him.

What part of his game progressed from his 2nd season to his 3rd season? And how is playing 37 minutes per game doing him a disservice?

I think Chills shot would be less exposed on the first unit. During which time he wold do a lot of the little things for the other starters.

A different point is what the second unit will shape into. I think we have the chance to put some guys on the court who can hold their own and win some games for us. Something that we haven't had and this has led to playing certain guys too much and led to injuries. I'd love to see Woody get into a good rotation where all the guys could expect their minutes so they could develop over the year and stay healthy.