• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ben Gordon wants 70 million

capstone21

• Admin

That is laughable. Talk about an overrated player wanting mega superstar player money. He is a one demensional guy who is an undersized shooting guard. Half the time he doesn't even start because he can't do anything (like defend, rebound, pass the ball) but score. I hope he doesn't get it because that will spoil things for so many other teams out there. The Bulls are offering him 45 mil and he should take it and be happy to get that.

We better resign Smith and Chil soon before some more outrageous contracts are signed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It never hurts to ask i guess. I thought the Rashard deal was laughable but he got it.

Seriously, I've never really looked it up, but WHY did Orlando give Rashard that much money? There is no way in HELL any other team would've even compared to that much, they could've easily signed him for less. That's seriously one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen, they've basically planted themselves in permanent mediocrity. His and Dwight's contract will take up like 2/3 of the cap.

I still laugh everytime I see this picture.

untitled1zt9.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

It never hurts to ask i guess. I thought the Rashard deal was laughable but he got it.

[/indent]

Seriously, I've never really looked it up, but WHY did Orlando give Rashard that much money? There is no way in HELL any other team would've even compared to that much, they could've easily signed him for less. That's seriously one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen, they've basically planted themselves in permanent mediocrity. His and Dwight's contract will take up like 2/3 of the cap.

parrot.gif

P.S. - PHX gets our pick next year - unprotected.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/indent]

parrot.gif

P.S. - PHX gets our pick next year - unprotected.

[/indent]

JJ >> Lewis

So far, we have given up Diaw (who had one good year and got grossly overpaid) and Rondo (good young prospect but nowhere near JJ's class at this point). We'll see what next year's #1 is.

I have always contended that the protection on our pick should have been greater but the trade overall is not a bad one for us, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Yip I think it is a deal --I would rather have JJ and his contributions then Diaw and his 9 million dollar contract, a first round pick and some cash (they sold Rondo's rights to Boston).

I count Diaw's contract against them because they either don't get his good play or they don't keep him without resigning him to a significant contract.

However, I don't count the Rondo pick as being cash because there is no way Atlanta would have sold the pick. Hence, what Atlanta lost was the chance to draft Rondo.

• Moderators

Quote:

I am pretty sure Gordon averages more points, rebounds and assists on a per minute basis than JJ, all on a playoff team, so I don't think $70 million is far from what he will get.

They have pretty similar per 40s, although JJ does outperform Ben in rebounding. Ben has a slight edge in both scoring and assists.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I am pretty sure Gordon averages more points, rebounds and assists on a per minute basis than JJ, all on a playoff team, so I don't think $70 million is far from what he will get.

They have pretty similar per 40s, although JJ does outperform Ben in rebounding. Ben has a slight edge in both scoring and assists.

Yes but just because their assist numbers are similar, Gordon is nowhere NEAR the playmaker/passer that JJ is. JJ just had no other scorers to pass the ball to, and he also received much more defensive attention than did Gordon.

• Moderators

Quote:

Yes but just because their assist numbers are similar, Gordon is nowhere NEAR the playmaker/passer that JJ is. JJ just had no other scorers to pass the ball to, and he also received much more defensive attention than did Gordon.

I don't think the two are comparable in any category for those and other reasons. Likewise, Gordon at SG is defensive liability compared to JJ.