• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta/Orlando game thread

gsuteke

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you were basing it on
MY
trackrecord, you would have never wrote that.

I've been here year after year... through all the losing trying to find the bright spot in our play. Had you took the time to read the thread, I gave the due to the players who played well last night.

I think you need to put your character assassinations down in this case.

You didn't answer the question! Do you think that Marvin and Smoove would make a the best forward tandem for the Hawks after last night performance?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

No.

First... Let's say: "It was just one game".

Secondly... Marvin made it to the line for most of his scores... That's good for aggressiveness but when you look at what we need:

IN his first game, playing only 23 minutes. Horford = 9 pts, 7 rebs and 1 block.

I just think we should focus from inside out. But let's give it at least the whole preseason before we start making decisions based on games.

Quote:

I liked the alley-opp and all that.. I love hearing our rookies do well... but why did one man have to leave before we started to climb back into the game?

we were in the game throughout...sure we had a little deficit when howard went out, but we also were leading at other times in the game when howard was in...he had a career night and we stayed in it the entire time and even had the lead at various points throughout

yes, it woulda been more impressive to win if he had been out there the final minutes, but he wasn't...and we also weren't playing our starters during that time either, except marvin who u think is crappy anyway

As obnoxious as Diesel has been about Marvin, he is right that the game was not hugely significant.

But this morning he has on the "serious fan" hat, while many other posters have on the "happy as heck" hat. Many of us are just thrilled that the preseason started and that there were GOOD things to take away from the game. As a Hawks fan any drop of hope for a good season is like a cup of water in the desert.

Diesel's taking the more serious approach, the "nothing really matters unless it's a step towards a championship" approach. Which has it's merits, but for those that are downright giddy about the season starting and the team generally NOT SUCKING SO FAR, Diesel's approach is a huge wet blanket.

Like most fueds here this one is more about a matter of perspective and not worth getting to upset about.

• Premium Member

Quote:

As obnoxious as Diesel has been about Marvin, he is right that the game was not hugely significant.

But this morning he has on the "serious fan" hat, while many other posters have on the "happy as heck" hat. Many of us are just thrilled that the preseason started and that there were GOOD things to take away from the game. As a Hawks fan any drop of hope for a good season is like a cup of water in the desert.

Diesel's taking the more serious approach, the "nothing really matters unless it's a step towards a championship" approach. Which has it's merits, but for those that are downright giddy about the season starting and the team generally NOT SUCKING SO FAR, Diesel's approach is a huge wet blanket.

Like most fueds here this one is more about a matter of perspective and not worth getting to upset about.

The problem is that he talks out of both sides of his mouth! So of course when things don't go well, it becomes more than just a scrimmage to him. no one criticizes Diesel for fair objective criticism of the team. Rather, he get criticized for his agenda driven criticisms which become very apparent when he knowingly uses wrong information or changes the argument when he is proven to be dead wrong on one of his hair-brain assumptions.

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with "D" is...he's occasionlly right.
munching_out.gif

give me an approximate %

122%

(Disclaimer: I used the infamous Dieselmath to come up with this result!)

Before you get to giddy about Marvins performance check this out. It is hard for me to give an accessment of a game based on a box score alone. Sekou was in the building so his words should ring louder than any of ours on last night.

Quote:

MARVIN’S ROOM - Marvin Williams finished with 19 points (13-for-17 from the line) and didn’t play particularly well, and he’d be the first to admit it. He shot just 3-for-6 from the floor and only grabbed three rebounds (which is unacceptable for a 6-9, 240-pound guy with his tools and athleticism). But unlike the past two years, when an off night from either Williams, Josh Smith or Josh Childress would be detrimental to the Hawks’ cause, their increased depth covered for Marvin’s early struggles. It’s clear to me, though, that he’s still finding his way, especially offensively, to be consistently effective within the constraints of the half court game. When the ball moves around the floor or the Hawks start running, he’s fine. When there’s a breakdown in that flow … not so much.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Before you get to giddy about Marvins performance check this out. It is hard for me to give an accessment of a game based on a box score alone. Sekou was in the building so his words should ring louder than any of ours on last night.

Quote:

MARVIN’S ROOM - Marvin Williams finished with 19 points (13-for-17 from the line) and didn’t play particularly well, and he’d be the first to admit it. He shot just 3-for-6 from the floor and only grabbed three rebounds (which is unacceptable for a 6-9, 240-pound guy with his tools and athleticism). But unlike the past two years, when an off night from either Williams, Josh Smith or Josh Childress would be detrimental to the Hawks’ cause, their increased depth covered for Marvin’s early struggles. It’s clear to me, though, that he’s still finding his way, especially offensively, to be consistently effective within the constraints of the half court game. When the ball moves around the floor or the Hawks start running, he’s fine. When there’s a breakdown in that flow … not so much.

Just can't figure this out! Marvin is one of the most criticized players in franchise history!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with "D" is...he's occasionlly right.
munching_out.gif

give me an approximate %

122%

(Disclaimer: I used the infamous Dieselmath to come up with this result!)

You mean you are actually able to decifer the intricacies of Dieselmath? WOW!

bowdown.gif

Quote:

It's just plain awful that Marvin was only able to get 17 FTA. Awful.

Did you see the game? This was not me, Diesel or Walter who wrote this it was Sekou Smith. An eyewitness of the game. Not just a fan who looked at the boxscore and came to the conclusion that it is an end all be all. How can you discredit someone who follows this team and was at the game in person. He gave us an analysis so we could take his stats in the right perspective. Let me decide, do I listen to a fan who is making an accessment of a boxscore or a writer who follows this team for a living and was actually at the game? I'm just the messenger and some of you don't want to hear about the reality that Sekou brought in his blog. I'm happy as the next fan Marvin had a good night in the boxscore but I didn't watch the game with my own eyes to say if it was a good, fair, bad or great game. The Hawks beat writer did so I will go by his analysis until I can make my own.

I'm still trying to figure out who has been acting "giddy" about Marvin?

No one's trying to get him an MVP trophy here. It's just fans of the team discussing what they heard on the radio the previous night about a young player who played with some agressiveness offensively. The same young player that us fans have been hoping will start to consistently play with agressiveness offensively.

You're making a bigger deal out it than it should be, by accusing others of making too big of a deal out of something that they never made too big of a deal out of. Dig?