• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's first trade of the offseason.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Seeing that Joe Dumars resigned Chauncey and prolly don't want to go through another offseason with another high priced free agent, here's the deal:

Lo, Lue, Marvin, to Detroit Sheed to Atlanta.

Here's the justification.

Having Sheed solves our personnel problems.

JSmoove, Sheed, Horford could be our frontcourt.

Sheed's about 7 foot. Can guard anybody. and can shoot from outside.

Horford or Shelden could play next to him and do PF things while Sheed is versatile enough to play either PF or C.

Quote:

Seeing that Joe Dumars resigned Chauncey and prolly don't want to go through another offseason with another high priced free agent, here's the deal:

Lo, Lue, Marvin, to Detroit Sheed to Atlanta.

Here's the justification.

Having Sheed solves our personnel problems.

JSmoove, Sheed, Horford could be our frontcourt.

Sheed's about 7 foot. Can guard anybody. and can shoot from outside.

Horford or Shelden could play next to him and do PF things while Sheed is versatile enough to play either PF or C.

he's also been in the league for going on 10 years now. Marvin is the youngest player on the team.

If Marvin can give you production that's atleast in the same ballpark as Sheed that's a bad move.

Yeah. And that way we get rid of problem child MW.

After all, he's almost an adult now. Almost out of

his teen age years.

He's still younger than our two draft picks this year.

If we were one piece away and wanted to make a 2 year championship run, I'd be all for it. That frontcourt would be incredible, and Sheed's experience would make up for a lot of Smith and Horford's lack thereof.

But we're still a bottom of the barrel team, and Sheed is still a timebomb. He's a great version of himself when the surroundings are to his liking, but he's a pretty awful dude when things aren't going well. He'll ALWAYS give the same effort in games, but his personality can destroy a locker room if things get ugly. I think Dickens put it best when he wrote: "Sheed's the best of times, he's the worst of times."

And I don't think he has too much left in him.

*the following post is not a joke*

If we're going to go down this road I bet we can get Artest for Chillz as well.

Now that would be a badass team for a couple of years.

Quote:

If we were one piece away and wanted to make a 2 year championship run, I'd be all for it. That frontcourt would be incredible, and Sheed's experience would make up for a lot of Smith and Horford's lack thereof.

But we're still a bottom of the barrel team, and Sheed is still a timebomb. He's a great version of himself when the surroundings are to his liking, but he's a pretty awful dude when things aren't going well. He'll ALWAYS give the same effort in games, but his personality can destroy a locker room if things get ugly. I think Dickens put it best when he wrote: "Sheed's the best of times, he's the worst of times."

Quote:

*the following post is not a joke*

If we're going to go down this road I bet we can get Artest for Chillz as well.

Now that would be a badass team for a couple of years.

Quote:

Sheed AND Artest? The strippers in Atlanta will live like Bill Gates!

• Premium Member

With us, it's hard to tell.

Hear me out on this one:

JJ, JSmoove, Sheed.... Nobody really knows how good those three could be together. Without injuries, we are young and deep. I equate it to the braves getting Veteran Terry Pendleton and Sid Bream.

I think you basically give Smoove a mentor since he wants to be a Sf in a PFs body not like Walker. Sheed also can teach these guys about playing in the post.

IF we got Sheed in that trade, I would think we'd be in the playoffs and maybe a 45+ game winner!

We have capitol right now in the form of young players. We've endured a crapload of frustration over the losing for the past 10 years. The pieces are in place wouldn't you agree?

I don't believe the short term gain trumps the long term loss. The Hawks have built their team through the draft. Changing your strategy after it's on the verge of completion makes no sense to me.

Quote:

With us, it's hard to tell.

Hear me out on this one:

JJ, JSmoove, Sheed.... Nobody really knows how good those three could be together. Without injuries, we are young and deep. I equate it to the braves getting Veteran Terry Pendleton and Sid Bream.

I think you basically give Smoove a mentor since he wants to be a Sf in a PFs body not like Walker. Sheed also can teach these guys about playing in the post.

IF we got Sheed in that trade, I would think we'd be in the playoffs and maybe a 45+ game winner!

• Premium Member

sense..

I did not know that FG% was the prerequisite for trades...

Silly me... I was trying to find a skillset that matched our needs. Mainly a big who can be a post up guy as well as provide shooting from outside. As well as a player who might be available.

Oh Master of all statistics... Next time I will propose a trade for Dirk... Oh Wait. IF I do such a thing, you will talk about his blocks and steals per game stats...

Is there every any pleasing the master of all statistics and no common sense?

• Premium Member

Teams that win usually trade somewhere in the process. I'm not saying we MUST trade. I'm saying that there's a player or two out there that would fit our puzzle very nicely and would help to remove the congestion in our lineup.

I picked on Rasheed because he will be a FA soon and his price may dip before the trade deadline.

IF Memphis starts off winning uptempo with less Gasol, he might hit the blocks.

And of course there's Odom but I don't see much of a need for Odom's skillset over what we have right now.

Rasheed is just a good piece. I think of him playing Duncan and Howard.

Quote:

sense..

I did not know that FG% was the prerequisite for trades...

Silly me... I was trying to find a skillset that matched our needs. Mainly a big who can be a post up guy as well as provide shooting from outside. As well as a player who might be available.

Oh Master of all statistics... Next time I will propose a trade for Dirk... Oh Wait. IF I do such a thing, you will talk about his blocks and steals per game stats...

Is there every any pleasing the master of all statistics and no common sense?

Gentlemen......

Please remember to keep your hands up at all times and no punching below the belt

signalref.gif

Quote:

Silly me... I was trying to find a skillset that matched our needs

LOL what a pile of crap. You have droned on and on about how Smith doesn't work as a 4 because all he wants to do is take perimeter shots. then you propose a trade for a guy who takes a higher percentage of outside shots than JJ and scores only 2.5 ppg inside.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06DET13A.HTM

You have gone on and on abuot how we need a big man who wants to play down low and then you want to bring in a guy who jacked up 4 three pointers per game last season. The season before that he put up 5.4 three pointers per game.

Is that the skillset you are talking about?

shcool.jpg

• Moderators

Irrespective of our wants and desires, I don't see this trade working for Detroit. Their only good young player is Tayshaun Prince - who plays the same position as Marvin. Without Sheed, their front court would be decimated and they are in "win-now" mode. Unless they believe Marvin is a PF, I don't see why they would do this.