• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi is absolutely terrible

killa3312

Yeah he looked pretty lost out there....He's clearly WAY to soft to play PF in the NBA. He can't rebound and he he's worse than Marvin when it comes to finishing inside. He get's his shot blocked way too often and he seems to always be on the wrong end of highlight dunks(Thomas Gardners dunk on him will be on Sports Center).I watched some of the Chinese playoff games and all of his summer league games than came on NBA TV and I'm just not impressed. He is an even bigger project than Wright IMO.

And we diss BK daily.

Remember guys..if the board had their say on draft night we would be stuck with Yi at #3.

Me an a few other did not allow Youtube clips vs. other Asian stiffs to sway us. It is easy to appear fast and atheletic when your best competition is Wang Zi.

Quote:

Remember guys..if the board had their say on draft night we would be stuck with Yi at #3.

Other than Walter and Diesel I don't think there were that many who wanted to pick Yi.

However we did have a thread where everyone declared who they wanted to draft. It will be interesting to look back at that in a few months.

He is who I thought he was!!!!!I tall skinny guy whith a jump shot and very little defense. He will be like Dirk- rebounding ( soft) he may end up having some game but he will always give up as much as he gets.May never develop any defense at all will get dunked on by Kobe,Tmac,JSmoove,DWade,D12,ShaqD,BD,RJ and various other nicknames and initials frequently.

grin.gif

It's not just one pre-season game...Many of us were already skeptical going into the draft(I wasn't impressed by him in the Chineese playoffs) and his awful summer league performance(shooting 25 % from the field with 4rpg)didn't do anything to change our opinion. The sad thing is his play is probably going to get even worse as his competition improves.

I see the draw 7ft with skill but Horford is the more complete player. He may not have as much media appeal as Yi but i never trust tall guys from overseas with no real proof of an inside game against worthy competition. he may get better but many many many many people will dunk on his head.

• Moderators

Quote:

I can't believe you wanted this stiff!!!

uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

Said by NBA fan on February 6, 1999 after watching Dirk Nowtizki go 0-5 his first game in the league with 0 rebounds.

Dirk stunk it up his rookie season. Remember, to have some patience with people before throwing them under the bus. It has all been ugly for Yi so far but this is very early in the game.

Quote:

Quote:

Other than Walter and Diesel I don't think there were that many who wanted to pick Yi.

However we did have a thread where everyone declared who they wanted to draft. It will be interesting to look back at that in a few months.