• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Rookie of The Year???????

Zone034life

Acie Law Impresses Early

By: Jarrod Rudolph Last Updated: 10/11/07 12:20 PM ET | 197 times read

Adjust font size:

The Atlanta Hawks will be a much better team this season. In fact, there is no reason why this team shouldn't be in the playoffs this year. They've had the talent but lacked a point guard that could consistently lead them to victory. That all changed when Acie Law was drafted.

"I've been very impressed," said Josh Smith. "He makes good decisions, he's a great passer, can throw the lob, all that stuff."

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden and Seattle Sonics guard Kevin Durant received more attention than any of the other players in the 2007 NBA draft. So, when Law wins the "Rookie of the Year" more people will be surprised - don't be. He's by far the best player drafted this year.

"I'm just trying to come in and do whatever it takes for us to win ball games," said Law. "Speedy, Ty Lue, and A.J. have been great mentors for me thus far. During training camp they took me under their wings and have been giving me advice on what to expect."

The Hawks desperately needed a guard such as Law. Not only can he pass the ball, he can score, which will take some of the pressure off of All-Star Joe Johnson to provide all the Hawks back court scoring. Similar to New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury, Law has a unique combination of speed, quickness, and strength that will allow him to get the basket at will. Stopping this guy is going to be a headache.

"Acie is doing a good job," said Al Horford. "He's coming out here and making sure we stay poised. He makes the game easy for everyone else."

During his professional debut against The Orlando Magic, he impressed the fans and his peers with his ability to get to get to the basket. This is something that we should all get used to. Acie will turn heads all season long – on his way to winning "Rookie of the Year."

Quote:

Acie Law Impresses Early

By: Jarrod Rudolph Last Updated: 10/11/07 12:20 PM ET | 197 times read

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden and Seattle Sonics guard Kevin Durant received more attention than any of the other players in the 2007 NBA draft. So, when Law wins the "Rookie of the Year" more people will be surprised - don't be.

He's by far the best player drafted this year.

Jarrod is on crack!

Quote:

Acie Law: Rarely does a players demeanor jump out at you, especially not a rookie. There are some nice rookies, no doubt about that, but the way Acie Law is handling himself in the NBA is more than impressive. If you have not had a chance to see this cat play, mark down a Hawks game. If Acie continues to play the way he has played his first two NBA pre-season games, he might walk away with the Rookie Of The Year award with very little contest, and the Hawks might sneak into the playoffs.

link