• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Says NO to PG...

Diesel

Quote:

That's probably true. However, that's not the scenerio. What if he were able to play PG and while not having the best stats, Hawks win 100% of the time... Would he do it?

I see what you're saying. I think he'd do it, I think winning games would be such a relief and I think he'd get more comfortable with the role if he were successful with it. You're hypothetical scenario assumed that he'd be good enough at it that our team as a whole would improve, and I think under that scenario his scoring would dip but he'd have to be making plays, and that's what I think fuels JJ. I don't think he's worried about what the numbers are, as along as they're good, and as long as he's a primary playmaker.

Outside of that hypothetical, I think he knows that he's just not that good of a PG and that his PG abilities would limit the team's chances of winning, and his personal feeling of success would diminish as well.

I think before we acquired him he thought he could be a full time PG, but after giving it a shot he has a better understanding of who he is and how he needs to play to help his team succeed.

• Premium Member

Well, I don't want to see JJ playing PG either. I think his best strength is his scoring... although I would love to see him become a better passer (that includes knowing when to pass and whom to pass to).. That all said, I just found it shocking that he would say that... Especially in the context he said it.

Had he played PG and we lost by 40 and he had 10 TOs and 0 assist, I think it would have been easier to take. However, he said it in a time when our offense seemed to be statistically efficient... Almost as if to say..> OK, I did it this one time, but don't get used to this!

LOL

I reply to the last post on the thread if and when I have something that is generally useless to add to the discussion thumb3d.gif If I'm responding directly I quote it.

My point is "What's the big deal?" Chillz took the ball up some last year.

Fact: BK spent the #11 pick in the 2007 NBA draft on a PG.

Fact: BK signed arguably the best FA PG left at the time in Speedy Claxton last offseason.

Fact: BK traded a 2nd rounder last year at the trading deadline for Anthony Johnson.

Fact: TLUE looks like JaJa Binks off Star Wars tongue.gif

Fact: The Hawks aren't trying to make Joe play PG for any extended period of time.

Joe probably said something to a reporter in passing after last night's game, a game in which we had 3 PGs out for various (not serious) reasons. It was a fluke.

Now it's being nit picked.

So I ask again (to everyone posting in this thread not just Sheed), What's the big deal?

Gotcha! I agree completely that this is a non-issue.

As another off topic comment, some teams need a PG to truly run the team, to be the "quarterback", while others just need a guy to get the ball across midcourt before a violation..

From what I've seen of our team the last few years, we need a quarterback. Childress, Salim, JJ and even Marvin can get it across half court, but that's where the offensive problems start for us.

Quote:

The big deal is neither Chill nor JJ can play the point worth a crap. And we don't want to wear out our best player chasing around smaller quicker players that he can't catch.

That's what those other 4 players aforementioned are for. I came back to the puter because I knew that Chillz comment wasn't explained thoroughly.

I hope I have fixed it to everyone's satisfaction.

Quote:

Quote:

The big deal is neither Chill nor JJ can play the point worth a crap. And we don't want to wear out our best player chasing around smaller quicker players that he can't catch.