• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Am I the only one worried the Smoove has not

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Quote:

When Marvin plays like this when the games count then we can say he is the better player. But even if he scores more points Smoove is still the most important player on this team..... And this is preseason. Most of you guys have only listened to the games online, being there in person and listening on the radio is different.

His all around game is not the topic of this thread and neither is Marvin Williams! But if you are not concerned about his lack of improvement in his offense so be it! But at least acknowledge that you have notice that same lack of improvement as I have and do or don't care!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

But at least acknowledge that you have notice that same lack of improvement as I have and do or don't care!

How have you "noticed" a lack of improvement in his offense? When did you see the Hawks play? You do know that this is preseason right? JJ hasn't exactly lit it up either.

Quote:

Quote:

But at least acknowledge that you have notice that same lack of improvement as I have and do or don't care!

How have you "noticed" a lack of improvement in his offense? When did you see the Hawks play? You do know that this is preseason right? JJ hasn't exactly lit it up either.

JJ sure hasn't played well, But no one is talking about that it doesn't matter

I know Smoove and trust me he knows what he has to do this is the preseason so I am not worried. He has shown some things if you would actually go to the games instead of just listen on the radio which doesn't prove a damn thing you would know.

Another thing Marvin has all the potential in the world to be great, but he does need to improve on his defense and rebounding because he sucks at both....

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know Smoove and trust me he knows what he has to do this is the preseason so I am not worried. He has shown some things if you would actually go to the games instead of just listen on the radio which doesn't prove a damn thing you would know.

I'm not sure why you are replying to me, because I was calling out Peoriabird.

Peoriabird hasn't seen Smith play ONE time this year. Yet Peoriabird says that he has "noticed" a lack of improvement in Smith's offense, which is completely rediculous because he hasn't even seen him play. Not only that, this is preseason and it's not even important.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

The fact still remains is that a lot of experts outside of Atlanta still don't like his game at all!

For example..... ?

I was listening to one of the espn pods 2 weeks ago discussing up and coming teams and players and Smith's name came up. I can't remember the insider"s name but he flat out stated that he still didn't like Smith's game and didn't think that he would improve at all this year. I'll continue to look for the link!

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure why you are replying to me, because I was calling out Peoriabird.

Peoriabird hasn't seen Smith play ONE time this year. Yet Peoriabird says that he has "noticed" a lack of improvement in Smith's offense, which is completely rediculous because he hasn't even seen him play. Not only that, this is preseason and it's not even important.

I wasn't respoding to you the post was meant for Peoriabird.........

• Premium Member

Quote:

Instead of being argumentative, just say that I disagree and have seen improvement in his offensive game in the pre-season and then prove it!

• Premium Member

Quote:

he still didn't like Smith's game and didn't think that he would improve at all this year.

ESPN bashes the Hawks with every chance they get. They don't even know what positions half of our players play.

So because some ESPN reporter "didn't think" Smith would improve this year, that serves as a legit reason for him not improving? Who cares what someone "thinks", pretty much all of ESPN had Toronto dead last in the East last year and they were wrong. The season will be the only judgement, because it's the only thing that matters. I can find people that bash Dwight Howard, it's not that hard to do.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The fact still remains is that a lot of experts outside of Atlanta still don't like his game at all!

For example..... ?

I was listening to one of the espn pods 2 weeks ago discussing up and coming teams and players and Smith's name came up. I can't remember the insider"s name but he flat out stated that he still didn't like Smith's game and didn't think that he would improve at all this year. I'll continue to look for the link!

One person said he still didn't like Smoove's game so that means Smoove has not improved.... pillepalle.gif

The reason Smoove doesn't get bashed is because if he has a bad shooting night his stat line still will look something like this, 3-10, 14rbs, 3blks, 4ass. He also has a knack for hitting clutch shots at the end of games. Marvin is performing well but I don't remember one big shot he has made under a minute to go for the Hawks. I'm not going to get overly worried about Smooves offensive game just like i'm not going to get overly hyped about Marvins. In the end I believe the five spot and the injuries to the point guard position are the spots that concern me the most.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Instead of being argumentative, just say that I disagree and have seen improvement in his offensive game in the pre-season and then prove it!

Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now? How CAN I disagree OR agree? Neither of us has even seen Smith play since April, how in hell would either one of us be able to judge ANYTHING on Smith's offense? Furthermore, how could I prove it? What would I do, drive to the NBA's headquarters and force them to give me the 5 preseason games on film that have been played so far, so I can win an e-argument with Peoriabird? You are priceless, and you always find a way to hate on Smith.

OK...I was mistaken when I said the "guys" who the pressure should be on for 2nd scorer are...

The real pressure should be on Hawks management since it isn't Chillz's fault he got picked ahead of Deng anymore than it's Marvin's fault he got picked ahead of CP3.

My point is more that, on a properly run team, with all the draft assets we've had - added to the fact that we weren't an expansion team like Charlotte - JS should be an "energy guy" off the bench right now...possibly a frontrunner for 6th man of the year...and developing his game without being under the microscope.

P.S. - BK and Woody should be popping the cork on a bottle of Champaign about now. Hartley takes his team to the playoffs and gets fired this early - wow.

Those white guy owners don't want to lose hockey games shhh.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not going to get overly worried about Smooves offensive game

Are you looking at him as a consistent second scorer on this team? And even if you aren't looking to him to be the second scorer, don't you want your powerforward to shoot a higher percentage than what Smoove is shooting now?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now? How CAN I disagree OR agree? Neither of us has even seen Smith play since April, how in hell would either one of us be able to judge ANYTHING on Smith's offense? Furthermore, how could I prove it? What would I do, drive to the NBA's headquarters and force them to give me the 5 preseason games on film that have been played so far, so I can win an e-argument with Peoriabird? You are priceless, and you always find a way to hate on Smith.

What are you talking about???? You don't have to be there watching him to determine what kind of shots he is taking and whether he is missing them or not! He is taking primarily jump shots! He is not posting up at all. S. Smith's article clearly states that. Many of the poster that have attended the games have clearly stated it in their recaps! So how he is playing on offense is not up for debate! Whether it is an improvement or not is!

• Premium Member

Quote:

What are you talking about???? You don't have to be there watching him to determine what kind of shots he is taking and whether he is missing them or not! He is taking primarily jump shots! He is not posting up at all. S. Smith's article clearly states that. Many of the poster that have attended the games have clearly stated it in their recaps! So how he is playing on offense is not up for debate! Whether it is an improvement or not is!

Just because he isn't making shots doesn't mean he hasn't improved or hasn't added anything to his game, looking at a box score tells you nothing. I will wait until I see it myself before bashing a player. If you will notice, I haven't bashed or praised ANYONE's preseason, because I don't judge my opinion off of numbers and stats. You, on the other hand, have already claimed that Smith hasn't improved at all offensively, which is just asinine.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You, on the other hand, have already claimed that Smith hasn't improved at all offensively, which is just asinine.

Dude, he had to be snatched out of the game last night for launching threes by his own coach watching the game! Sounds like something that we've all seen before with Smith. To me that not an improvement! But whatever!

The second scorer debate is a little overrated in my opinion. There is no way to know if Marvin is ready for primetime yet. Smoove will have his hands full down low with power forwards. I say let the season play out and that will take care of it self. As for Smooves shooting %, of course I would like to see him shooting and playing better overall on the offensive end. But when I went to the game I still was reminded why Smoove is so valuable. His rebounding, blocked shots, floor running ability and even his passing are all positives I saw. He brings things to the team that Marvin, even with his play of late, cannot. The rebounding and defense alone sets him above Marvin and he is follwed up in that category by number 15 not 24. I'm starting to like the mix personnaly. Marvin driving to the basket and shooting a high % from the foul line. Smoove filling up the stat sheet. Horford bringing energy and a low post game that will be lethal in time. These are all very positive things. Now getting consistency from ZaZa and Sheldon would have been an even better thread to start from what I have seen and heard.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The second scorer debate is a little overrated in my opinion. There is no way to know if Marvin is ready for primetime yet. Smoove will have his hands full down low with power forwards. I say let the season play out and that will take care of it self. As for Smooves shooting %, of course I would like to see him shooting and playing better overall on the offensive end. But when I went to the game I still was reminded why Smoove is so valuable. His rebounding, blocked shots, floor running ability and even his passing are all positives I saw. He brings things to the team that Marvin, even with his play of late, cannot. The rebounding and defense alone sets him above Marvin and he is follwed up in that category by number 15 not 24. I'm starting to like the mix personnaly. Marvin driving to the basket and shooting a high % from the foul line. Smoove filling up the stat sheet. Horford bringing energy and a low post game that will be lethal in time. These are all very positive things. Now getting consistency from ZaZa and Sheldon would have been an even better thread to start from what I have seen and heard.

O.K. I can agree with your approach! Thanks!