• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This year feels different....

bumpyphish1

Yet another season where I try to convince my "flaky-fan" friends to get fired up for the Hawks' upcoming season. Yet, this season, I don't feel desperate or caricature-like as I usually do. I feel like what I am selling is legit.

Still, some of my friends think I the Hawks are hopeless and I am a punch-line. But, as I continue to hype them, I feel more and more confident that the Hawks are going to deliver this season.

Something just feels different. I usually don't drive up for games but I have already bought tickets for two early this season.

Can't wait to see these new-look Hawks!

Yup, I'm noticing the same thing. In the past I couldn't often find anyone who would use my extra tickets even if they didn't have to pay, this year some of my friends are actually mentioning games they'd like to see. I went last night and I'm going Monday, these are the first preseason games I've ever been to so even I must be feeling the buzz.

Quote:

Except I don't even have the luxury of having "flaky" friends...For me its basically a full blown recruiting job.

Out of my good friends, I am the ONLY Hawks fan.

However, I do think if the Hawks win some games this year, I can get some of my friends to watch.

me too, most of my friends are Celtics fans (which is strange since they live in florida) or not basketball fans at all. they've heard my empty words last year but now i feel like they aren't empty praises.

You just feel the same. BK, Woody. End of positive story arch. I feel like we might suck a little less. Like 35 wins sucking. I felt your way last year. I gave Woody a lot of rope. He is though, without a doubt, the worst coach that I have ever seen. This has not changed and to expect our team to overcome his inadequacies as well as their own, is just not realistic, imo.