Hey Ex,

bumpyphish1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are u getting off track here?

shelden is better at center than pf, like his history playing center would predict

horford also may be better at center than pf, like his history playing center would predict

how good or not shelden turns out is irrelevant

u are saying horford can't play center before he's had a chance to show if he can/can't

Quote:

u are saying horford can't play center before he's had a chance to show if he can/can't

And you are trying to use his college success to prove he can. And as i showed Sheldens college success hasn't translated that well.

I am not saying Horford can't play center or that he can't do it better than Zaza. What i am saying is that i don't think the Hawks can be contenders with a Smith/Horford starting combo at the 4/5. That is just too small.

If the goal is to be an average team then sure Horford can play the 5. If the goal is to be contenders then i just can't see it working.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If the goal is to be an average team then sure Horford can play the 5. If the goal is to be contenders then i just can't see it working.

It's all assumptions at this point. We will soon enough find out. This has been rehashed 1000x.

Quote:

Quote:

It's all assumptions at this point. We will soon enough find out. This has been rehashed 1000x.

It's a dumb thread anyway. Somehow i doubt bumpy can find a quote where i said Horford sucks.

Quote:

Quote:

And you are trying to use his college success to prove he can.

no i'm not

i'm simply saying: why can't he play center in nba? why not see how he does before dooming him? it's not like he played pg in college...he played center next to a 7' pf...let him try it out and then judge

i'm not proving he can or can't...simply saying that it's not far fetched to believe he could

no, i got no link to a thread where you say verbatim he "sucks". but, you do use every chance you get to talk about how he was a "decent" college player and will be average in the pro's. i don't know if you are just a uga fan (i am too - but it doesnt preclude me from being objective) or what but you are entirely wrong in your projection for horford, and i like to use every opportunity to try to put an end to that ignorance.

dont even play like you dont know the attitude i am referring to.

Quote:

why can't he play center in nba?

Because it his highly unlikely that someone so lacking in size can be successful at center. There simply aren't that many examples of someone his size succeeding at center.

All of the examples you list are going to add up to less than 10% of starting centers. Unless of course you try to list guys significantly bigger.

Quote:

Quote:

but you are entirely wrong in your projection for horford,

That right there shows how clueless you are. Stating i am "wrong" in my projection of Horford shows that you don't even know what a projection is.

Wow, I feel totally burned. Projection, assessment, opinion. Whatever. You got no clue what Al is all about. No matter how you want to phrase it.

and the guys who are 'undersized' centers yet play it anyway are the ones who are the top centers of the league while other teams have 7' stiffs that are much worse at center

and again, who else are we gonna get if we don't use horford/shelden at center? john edwards? it's not like there is some great answer just waiting for us to sign them

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

but you are entirely wrong in your projection for horford,

That right there shows how clueless you are. Stating i am "wrong" in my projection of Horford shows that you don't even know what a projection is.

Wow, I feel totally burned. Projection, assessment, opinion. Whatever. You got no clue what Al is all about. No matter how you want to phrase it.

And in each case you are still clueless.

If the weatherman says it is going to rain tomorrow you don't know if he is wrong until you wait and see if it rains tomorrow.

You have no clue in general.

Quote:

Quote:

and the guys who are 'undersized' centers yet play it anyway are the ones who are the top centers of the league

Yet somehow they don't have names.

al horford 6'10 245

amare 6'10 249

dwight 6'11 265

big ben 6'9 240

okafor 6'10 255

mourning 6'10 261

curry 6'11 285

camby 6'11 235

okur 6'11 263

magloire 6'11 265

etan thomas 6'10 260

duncan 6'11 260

dalembert 6'11 250

so amare/okafor/mourning/thomas are all same height; big ben is shorter; dwight/curry/camby/okur/magloire/duncan/dalembert are all 1 measley inch taller, yet horford's 35" vertical is better than almost all of those players...

only dwight/curry/magloire outweigh horford by 20+ pounds

he may or may not be able to play at center...but to say he's undersized is incorrect...he's right there in the range of top centers these days...so if he can ball, then he's good to go