• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paying Smoove...

Diesel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The market favors the Hawks on this so we'll see how the #s end up. The fact that guys like Deng aren't getting anywhere with contract extensions shows the market will be tigher for the 2004 class than for some of their predecessors.

• Moderators

Quote:

He'll get 60 cuz you'd get some geniuses like the Hornets or the Magic who will offer it to him and we'd have to match. Especially if he is the 20/9 player he should be and we make the playoffs.

Nobody has the money to pay him $60M without a serious salary dump, though.

Salary Analysis re Offers to the Joshes

• Premium Member

Not having the money has never stopped teams from making room!!!

Remember, we traded Long and Augmon to Detroit in order to be able to offer Deke a higher contract than Detroit could!!!

Teams make salary cap room all the time.

• Moderators

I agree a team could make a move to shed salary and make Josh an offer. However, they have that same option for Iggy, Deng, Gordon, Jefferson and a number of other players so even if a team went that route there is no guarantee Josh is the guy they would target.

My basic point is that this is a MUCH more limited market than many years.

My position on Smoove stays constant. He doesn't get a deal until next summer.

It's kind of amazing though what has gone on around here,in regards to Smoove. All summer, people spend countless hours and days bashing Marvin on everything. It was assumed that Smoove was working so hard, that he'd come out like a demon.

Then you look at what is going on this preseason. Individual evaulation is important in preseason. More important than team evaulation, in my opinion.

I was definitely looking forward to this kid at least shooting 45% FG in the preseason, to show everybody how hard he's worked on different aspects of his game. Instead, he's a PF shooting 39% FG. Unacceptable in my book, even in games that don't count.

Even with JJ's struggling from the field ( for him 44% FG is struggling, although, this is exactly what Michael Redd is shooting for the preseason ), you can at least point to him shooting a blistering 46% from 3 point range.

No way this kid would get a contract from me in the next 10 days. He definitely has to earn his money now.

Quote:

Marion 63 Million.

Kirlenko 63 Million (I think)

Should Smoove become the next 63 Million defensive Spark?

I see the stupidity hasn't drop off this board since I been gone, well no he doesn't deserve that kind of money. 50 million for 5 years is tough to shallow, 63,lmao.

Quote:

Quote:

I see the stupidity hasn't drop off this board since I been gone,

How about your boy Brandan Wright?

Hah! I forgot about this guy. He had the worst draft analysis I've ever heard except for the guy who thought Martynas would be the top player of his draft.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hah! I forgot about this guy. He had the worst draft analysis I've ever heard except for the guy who thought Martynas would be the top player of his draft.

In fairness, it is pretty early to reach any conclusions but Wright is only a year apart from Marvin so it isn't like the age difference is huge.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, josh_smith_fan1 I think? That guy was awesome, I wish he'd make a return. Even though he wasn't the smartest basketball mind, at least he didn't bash everyone who didn't agree with him and claim to be a scout while posting some of the worst grammar I've ever seen. None of that can be said for nbasuperstar.

Quote:

Does Brandan Wright's 4.25 ppg and 35% fg% impress you more than Smoove's play?

lol, their using him as a Project, basically Nelson doesn't see contributed effectively in their system this season. As for Al Horford I compared him to Al Horford and whats happening. Don't give up though, he probably will get ample amount of PT after ALl Star Game.

As for Smoove I still feel he better gone then here.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It the worst ok, only thing is were in preseason not even the season, not exacting time to rate what the rookies would be. Give it three to four years.

Quote:

Quote:

Give it three to four years.

This coming from the guy who said Brandan Wright would be able to contribute immediately. Funny.

He would with the Hawks, it was a different type of team.