• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paying Smoove...

Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Give it three to four years.

This coming from the guy who said Brandan Wright would be able to contribute immediately. Funny.

He would with the Hawks, it was a different type of team.

LOL . . no he wouldn't. He'd be fighting bench minutes with Solomon.

And actually, G-State was the perfect team for him to go to. If any team could've made a 6-9, rail thin PF work, it would be the Warriors.

But he's probably in a dog fight with Patrick O'Bryant, to see who can get off the bench first in a game.

3 - 4 years is right. By then, maybe Brandon will be 235 - 240 lbs and able to use his body the right way.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This coming from the guy who said Brandan Wright would be able to contribute immediately. Funny.

He would with the Hawks, it was a different type of team.

LOL . . no he wouldn't. He'd be fighting bench minutes with Solomon.

And actually, G-State was the perfect team for him to go to. If any team could've made a 6-9, rail thin PF work, it would be the Warriors.

But he's probably in a dog fight with Patrick O'Bryant, to see who can get off the bench first in a game.

3 - 4 years is right. By then, maybe Brandon will be 235 - 240 lbs and able to use his body the right way.

Sure, I'm sure you have a magic ball that tell you your right and I'm wrong. Ok then.... You probably know voodoo too.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sure, I'm sure you have a magic ball that tell you your right and I'm wrong. Ok then.... You probably know voodoo too.

Dude, if you don't realize that Golden State or PHX is the best possible scenario Wright could hope for, than you know nothing about basketball, which we already knew anyway.

Brandan is a long, skinny, athletic player that is a good finisher and that is it. Being on a running team it will allow him to outrun opposing C/PFs and get easy baskets. At this time, he is WAY too skinny and underdeveloped to succeed in a halfcourt game. If that's not obvious, than so be it, I don't need to explain basketball 101 to a 12 year old.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. The funniest part was that he was saying he wasn't even a project. I guess that part had to be dropped real quick.

Get at me next time this year, I'm not going to say much more then that. I was explaining what I heard from Don Nelson, take it or leave it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I see the stupidity hasn't drop off this board since I been gone,

How about your boy Brandan Wright?

Hah! I forgot about this guy. He had the worst draft analysis I've ever heard except for the guy who thought Martynas would be the top player of his draft.

It the worst ok, only thing is were in preseason not even the season, not exacting time to rate what the rookies would be. Give it three to four years.

It is tough to accept a 3-4 year timetable from you when your pre-draft scout's assessment was:

Quote:

For the last time, Crit is a project no question, but WRIGHT isn't.

Quote:

This is not a joke people he really is a franchise type player and will put up at least 14-18 ppg as a rookie.

Everyone else thought that Wright was a long-term project who couldn't contribute for years. When you say that he will need 3-4 years, you are confirming you were wrong about him. So if you want to stick to your guns, I wouldn't parrot Nelson agreeing with everyone else.

Quote:

This is not a joke people he really is a franchise type player and will put up at least 14-18 ppg as a rookie.

ices_rofl.gif

Yeah i remember that clown pretending he was a scout. What a joke.

As far as Smiths contract goes the Hawks are in a strong negotiating position. There are going to be a lot of RFA next summer and few teams under the cap. If Horford and Marvin have strong years that will also help the Hawks cause. I am not worried about Smiths contract at all, especially now that Belkin seems to be less of a threat.

Quote:

Quote:

Dude, if you don't realize that Golden State or PHX is the best possible scenario Wright could hope for, than you know nothing about basketball, which we already knew anyway.

Brandan is a long, skinny, athletic player that is a good finisher and that is it. Being on a running team it will allow him to outrun opposing C/PFs and get easy baskets. At this time, he is WAY too skinny and underdeveloped to succeed in a halfcourt game. If that's not obvious, than so be it, I don't need to explain basketball 101 to a 12 year old.

Wright has more than just finishing ability, but he's certainly a project due to his body type.

He has a sweet touch and a nice hook. His post game will be excellent once he learns how to get position in there. Will take some time being such a skinny guy, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. Skinny guys can succeed in the post - KG, Bosh, Sheed, etc.

He was definitely not the right pick for us and that could have been a disaster had we taken him over Horford/Conley, but his rookie preseason isn't enough to write him off completely.

Don't disrespect my Tar Heel! wink.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wright has more than just finishing ability, but he's certainly a project due to his body type.

Well yeah, I was referring to the things he will be effective at in the NBA for his first few years. Yeah, he does have a nice jump-hook, but he won't be able to establish position in the post to use it until he gains weight.

And yeah KG and Bosh can succeed, but they have jumpers as well, and they also weigh at LEAST 30 lbs more. LOL how is Wright THAT skinny? 30 lbs less than Bosh?

Quote:

Quote:

ices_rofl.gif

As far as Smiths contract goes the Hawks are in a strong negotiating position. There are going to be a lot of RFA next summer and few teams under the cap. If Horford and Marvin have strong years that will also help the Hawks cause. I am not worried about Smiths contract at all, especially now that Belkin seems to be less of a threat.

Question: Did Charlotte lock up Okafor yet?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ices_rofl.gif

Question: Did Charlotte lock up Okafor yet?

I don't think so.

Quote:

Quote:

ices_rofl.gif

Ok so, What about Sam Cassel camparison to Acie Law, Vin Baker comparison to Al Horford, What about Yi not being good at all, yes get off my d@#!.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ok so, What about Sam Cassel camparison to Acie Law, Vin Baker comparison to Al Horford, What about Yi not being good at all, yes get off my
d@#!.

First of all, none of these players has even played in a regular season game in their careers, so how are any of these predictions correct?

By the way, TONS of people compared Law to Cassell, and pretty much everyone on this site knew that Yi would suck for a few years (the sane ones at least), you were not alone in any of those.

The comparison of Horford to Vin Baker is also not a good one because Horford will be a much better than career 7.4 rebounder.

Quote:

Quote:

Ok so, What about Sam Cassel camparison to Acie Law, Vin Baker comparison to Al Horford, What about Yi not being good at all, yes get off my

First of all, none of these players has even played in a regular season game in their careers, so how are any of these predictions correct?

By the way, TONS of people compared Law to Cassell, and pretty much everyone on this site knew that Yi would suck for a few years (the sane ones at least), you were not alone in any of those.

The comparison of Horford to Vin Baker is also not a good one because Horford will be a much better than career 7.4 rebounder.

I was the first, people only said it after I mention it, damn funny how you remember things you want to remember, I don't have time for you and exdous childish ways, I will see you when the season starts, peace.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I was the first, people only said it after I mention it, damn funny how you remember things you want to remember, I don't have time for you and exdous childish ways, I will see you when the season starts, peace.

LOL I could absolutely destroy this claim and your entire argument, but it's not really worth the time, since your credibility is already so low anyway.

And BTW you only made that comparison because draftexpress did.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

d@#!.

I was the first, people only said it after I mention it

You are going to have to prove that one. Identify when you first said it and that will be enough.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL I could absolutely destroy this claim and your entire argument, but it's not really worth the time, since your credibility is already so low anyway.

And BTW you only made that comparison because draftexpress did.

draftexpress or nbadraft.net didn't make comparison for Cassell at that time, I said this in Jan. not just in June, proves that you really weren't paying attention, same for AHF.

So how in the hell would Wright contribute to our team if we took him #3 as you were 96% sure he would be a instant NBA success.

You also said Josh Smith did not deserve 34 MPG last year. I guess 16 PPG, 8.9 RPG, and 3.8 BPG is not enough production for 34 minutes.

So for Wright to have an immediate impact for the Hawks he must be as good or almost as good as Smith in order take some of his minutes. Wright sure as hell, can't play center (too small) or SF (less SF skills then Smoove). So he must get minutes at PF while weighing 200 pounds. It is OK to weigh 200 lbs if you have some natural strength. Too bad Wright is natually weak. He could not bench 185 1 time at the combine. Most guys can lift 185 pounds at 18 even if their non athletes and never touched a weight in their life. For a "professional" athelete not to be able to do this is a Red Flag the size of the Pacific Ocean. Unless Wright went to High School in some 3rd world country, he had access to a weight room. I know UNC has a weight lifting program. If Wright has been lifting weights and is just gentically a skinny, little, weak, but tall guy, the red flag is so big it covers the freaking sun.

You must have had some high production #'s for Wright to be an instant success if you your opinion is Smoove doesn't deserve his minutes and Wright would step in and give instant post scoring.

So what gives man ? Guys like you make we want to forget about this site for a while.

I know from reading your post you have never played organized basket ball, never coached it, or ever had a thing to do with it. So to call your self a good scout who is right 96% of the time is a joke.

Well, that is the nicest way I can say it. You are now forever blocked by me.

I normally never call people out or am I rude to people on here. However, your staight mindless post in the past that attack other while defending your senseless arguements just turns my stomach !