• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Smith in the post with the jump hook

Then Smith with the reverse layup with his off hand.

Sounds like a nice start for him

Off hand ? Jump hook ?

Am I hallucinating !

Go Smoove ! Go !

Now THIS is what I like to hear. Scoring around the basket with POST MOVES. Just stay close to that basket Smoove.

• Premium Member

Quote:

he needs to lay off the threes and mid rangers drive it to the hole and get to the foul line. it seems to help shooters that are in a slump.

It is a good sign when Woodson realizes that Johnson was killing the team and took him out! He would not have done that last year!

The assists are huge for the Hawks. It seemed that every game we had a lot of assists we won last year. Josh Smith, Chill, Marvin, and Horford all pass the ball well and willingly.

JJ needs to shoot a little less this year because we have more options. This doesn't need to regress into a "our star" vs. "their star" type of team like so many.

The ideal situation is that we have different leading scorers all the time and nobody cares about their own numbers...just winning. But I've watched Smoove and Marvin enough to know they both pass the ball willingly. Same for Chill...Horford came with great passing skills so he's a great fit in that regard.

Smith was getting a lot of heat about a few bad shots that killed our momentum, but good lawd his 1st half line looks good!

50% shooting, 15 pts, 5 boards, 3 assists?

Our logjam of SFs just keeps producing efficient numbers and finding each other for easy scores, and yet these guys can't possibly coexist, right? Looking a ok to me, or, sounding, at least...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Great run by the Hawks.

Hawks have 15 assist already!

The Hawks do O.K. without a point guard in the game especially with Childress, Smith, Marvin, Horford, & Joe because thay can all handle the ball and pass well for their position. Also, No thank to Haywood! Horford is better at center right now!

Quote:

Smith was getting a lot of heat about a few bad shots that killed our momentum, but good lawd his 1st half line looks good!

Our logjam of SFs just keeps producing efficient numbers and finding each other for easy scores, and yet these guys can't possibly coexist, right? Looking a ok to me, or, sounding, at least...

They can all play together because they all do different things Smoove can do it all Chill can as well . And Marvin has a deadly jumper when he is on..

That's my only complaint with Smoove in the 1st half please take better shots.......

He also has 14 not 15 points

Quote:

Quote:

They can all play together because they all do different things Smoove can do it all Chill can as well . And Marvin has a deadly jumper when he is on..

That's my only complaint with Smoove in the 1st half please take better shots.......

He also has 14 not 15 points

Smith needs to learn shot selection from Marvin and Childress, Marvin needs to learn to expand his game to include the dirty work from the Joshes.

Chill just needs to stay consistent and dependable.