• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

7-1 in the preseason is not irrelevant.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

While there are definitely moments in each game where things are dissimilar to the regular season, you can't ignore how well the Hawks played collectively during the preseason.

The chemistry and awareness finally appear to be there.

yup

while it is 'only preseason' and the games don't count, it is still impressive to go 7-1 and does show vast improvement for the team

it really does bode well for them...if healthy, they are very much playoff contenders this season

and it's not like they had full squad all preseason against injured teams...jj sat out one for rest...we played one game without any of our pgs...law only played in 3, lue in 1, speedy in none...zaza out last 1.5 games...chill out a game or two...etc

we are simply a deep team now...not much drop-off when bench comes into game...now we just need better coaching and to keep building chemistry

This is a positive step going into the season. Raptors had a good preseason last year. Even though they got off to a slow start. Eventually they just took off. I mention the slow start because of our early schedule. We might be getting off to a slow start considering how tough it is. I just hope the players,coaches, and most importantly fans remain positive. I have a feeling the players and coaches will remain positive.

Quote:

and it's not like they had full squad all preseason against injured teams...jj sat out one for rest...we played one game without any of our pgs...law only played in 3, lue in 1,
speedy in none
...zaza out last 1.5 games...chill out a game or two...etc

LOL . . I know it seemed as if Speedy didn't play this preseason, but he actually played in the first two games. I believe he started the first 2 games.

Speedy needs to change his name to "Invisible"

Invisible Claxton with the ball . . driving to the hole and scores.

Wait a minute . . the ref says that they didn't see the ball go in the hole. No basket