• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Stat of the night!!!

jerrywest

Horford - 5 assists.

Smoove - 9/10 FT

Shelden - 4 rebounds in the first 4 minutes & 1 in next 15 minuntes.

Solomon - 3 blocks in 11 minutes.

Of course the biggest one:

Hilton Armstrong 15/20 FT. Who were guarding him today. 8 Offensive rebounds? Come on.

Where do I find pre season stats?

• Moderators

We really won that game off our shooting from the perspective that NO had more FGA, 3ptA, and FTA but shot considerably worse in each area and lost the game by a comfortable margin. Pretty unusual for this team and nice to see!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the stats.

Does anyone know who guarded Hilton Armstrong last night?

Hilton started at center. So did Horford.

Hilton got 14 rebounds, Horford 6. Pretty clear who won that battle.

I don't understand why we insist upon forcing Horford in at center. I know, I know. The MW investment moved JS from the 3 to the 4. The investment in JS moved Horford from the 4 to the 5. The investment in both period moves SW to the bench (where he will forever belong). As good as lotto picks should be we seem to compound our problems despite them.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Ulp. That could spell a little trouble in Paradise.

nope

horford put up 11.3/8.6 with 2.4 assists, 1.25 blocks and .53 steals on 50.7% from the field in the preseason

i'd say he did quite well as a center

he also put up 22/12 with 4 blocks against okafor (who played 45 mins btw) while okafor only put put up 8/2

re: hilton - horford fouled hilton 3 times, so was only responsible for 6 of hilton's 20 free throws

armstrong got at least 3 rebound, 1 dunk while horford was on the bench...

also, armstrong got 8 offensive rebounds...many of those are on missed shots, like zaza gets...u wouldn't say dwight howard is a bad rebounder because zaza outrebounded him, would u?

this is EXACTLY what we talk about re: people with agenda...preseason 'doesn't matter' when we do well but when someone has a poor showing or we lose, then it suddenly matters

• Premium Member

Here's my premature take on the Horford at center -

The Hawks can make the playoffs with the undersized lineup, but they'll never be real contenders without a more legit defensive center.

So, for now, the Smith/Horford combo is just fine.

Quote:

also, armstrong got 8 offensive rebounds...many of those are on missed shots, like zaza gets

LOL

First of all every offensive rebound is off a missed shot.

Secondly Zaza throws up crap shots and then rebounds his misses. Armstrong only missed 2 shots.

Quote:

okafor only got 2 rebounds against horford...should okafor not play center?

Okafor hasn't done crap all preseason. With his injury history he probably is just taking it easy.

And he will be starting the season at the 4.

Horford started at C the last two games and got a combined 18 pts and 13 rebounds. Yawn.

Quote:

at least one of those missed shots he got his own rebound on

LOL well that sure put me in my place.

What about the other 7? i thought "many" of his rebounds were his own misses?

Quote:

Quote:

Hilton clearly won the battle but for what it is worth Horford did get 7 rebounds last night.

I hope for his sake he doesn't get half the rebounds of his opponent very often.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hilton clearly won the battle but for what it is worth Horford did get 7 rebounds last night.

I hope for his sake he doesn't get half the rebounds of his opponent very often.

I doubt he will be outrebounded by a 2:1 ratio a lot (Armstrong) or that he will outrebound his opponent by a 6:1 ratio a lot (Okafor). He will more likely average 9+ rpg and hold his own in that stat category, IMO.