• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Charles Barkley says the Hawks are his sleeper.

pimp

Quote:

PCAST

espn

About 3:45 into the podcast Chuck says the Hawks are his sleeper team, and that he likes Acie Law IV.

I got to meet Charles (at a nice resaurant in Philly). He did a shot with me and a few of my buddies. He mentioned this to me as well. He said he thought the Hawks did the right thing in the draft and that they have good young players that can out-run and out-hustle almost anyone in the East. Then my buddy asked him about the Knicks and he said "Man, they terrible". We all had a good laugh.

Quote:

Did he elaborate at all, or was it just a quick soundbite?

Thanks for the nugget. Having him sing our praises could actually help a lot for our national perception.

But we gotta back it up to mean anything.

It was just a quick soundbite ...

Yeah Barkley is always picking the Hawks to rise up! I think he is right this year. If we stay healthy i don't see how we don't make the playoffs this year. I'm really liking how Smoove, Marvin and chill are looking right now. They look determined.

Quote:

Another reason why Sir Charles is THE MAN.

Except that he wanted to do a Lemon Drop for the shot! I reminded him we were no longer in Phoenix. We all did a Soco/Lime. He said it wasn't that bad.

What Hall of Fame power forward orders a Lemon Drop?

I love the Chuckster. Being this close to Philly, you almost have to.

• Premium Member

Quote:

YEP, this dude is always rooting for the Hawks, even when they suck LOL!

Well that is BS. On the NBA games he has hammered the Hawks and laughs all the time when the organization is brought up. He has said on TV thtat the Hawks have been a worse organization than the Clippers.

Now his comments may have been warranted, but that is typical TV announcers.

Now, he wants to say they are a sleeper???????????

He spends a lot of time here. He knows the players. He sees the talent... but he also sees the other side. He knows if we were tweaked in the right way from management or if we had a legitimate coach things could be different.

The truth hurts. I'm as big a Hawks fan as there is but we are the Clippers of the 80's. It's embarrasing. But it is what it is. The last 8 years have been like Groundhog Day. Same things with minor differences.

OT - Roll Tide! This is the worst Tenn. defense I've ever seen. Believe it or not, I actually really respect the Vol program. This is a tough stretch the last few years though. Good luck against Kentucky and Vandy!

saythat.gif

As a Vol alum, I'm glad that I wasn't home to see that backcracking unfold on my bigscreen; I may have been looking to buy another one right now.

And you're right, that is the worst I've ever seen Tennessee defensively. Some of those guys wouldn't even make the practice squads of the 90-93 teams that won two SEC titles while I was there, let alone the 95-99 teams that was consistently in the top-10 but couldn't beat Florida (and still can't now).

Quote:

I didn't think I'd ever hear him talk good about the Hawks but that makes me feel a little better. He just needs to enlighten his buddy Kenny the Jet who said the Hawks would be rock bottom on Yahoo

If you watch basketball on TNT last year, he said that the Hawks would make the playoffs so he's high on the Hawks and what their doing. Of course, Kenny thinks he's crazy.