• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

First Five Games

DJlaysitup

Personally, I think it is imperative that we beat the Dallas Mavericks at our place in the opener. We are looking at:

Dallas - here

at Detroit

at New Jersey

Phoenix here

at Boston

The schedule lightens up a bit after that but we can't afford to be 0-5 after 5 games. We need to win a couple of them to keep a young team's psyche (yep - I know that word Dr. Z) intact.

Therefore, I think we have to win that first game at home. We need to set an example that teams can't come to Atlanta with the expectation of getting a road win on us. detective.gif

The start is brutal, but definitely workable. Like thompson said, 2 - 3 would be an acceptable outcome. But if we go 2 - 3, I want to have us talking about how they could've gone 4 - 1, if not for a key play or two.

If we can play well, especially on the road, it'll go a long way for this team's confidence.

If we go 2 - 3 in those 5 games, I definitely want to go 3 - 0 in the home games after that vs Washington, Charlotte, and Seattle. To me, this is what is going to get us in the playoffs . . becoming a very consistent HOME TEAM that wins.

Quote:

But if we go 2 - 3, I want to have us talking about how they could've gone 4 - 1, if not for a key play or two.

I think that's the key. I won't be bothered by our win-loss record after 5 games, as long as we were in every game. I don't mind going 0-5 to start the season (that is a brutal schedule) if we look like we belong on the court with all those teams but the games just don't go our way.

Of course, somewhere along the way it needs to be that we are winning the close ones. But that doesn't have to happen in the first five games.