• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Vince Young is one of the 5 worst starting QB's in

Plainview1981

Maybe. But he can really run. He's huge and fast and not afraid. He can also make big plays downfield.

Tavarius Jackson is one. Cleo Lemon. Whoever the Chiefs start. Our own Joey Harrington. Throw in David Carr and Matt Schaub and he's maybe 7th.

He's young, though. No pun intended. And he's already leading a team. Jeff Fisher seems to believe in him. Keep in mind that they don't have a whole lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. None of the guys I just mentioned do. Except maybe the Falcons with Crumpler, Dunn, and Horn as proven options.

Now that Michael Vick is out of the picture, Vince Young is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. He lacks the passing skills to be a great quarterback in the NFL. The media is all over him though. This social conscious the media has for black running quarterbacks is sickening.

Did you watch the game? If you did, you would've seen that Vince should have at least been 4 - 6 in that first half . . and 10 - 14 for the game. But when you have receivers flat out dropping balls . . .

(( playing violin ))

While he does need to up his prodcution a bit, you can say the same thing about the receivers. And Vince was completing 64% of his passes, going into today.

5 worst starters in the league? LOL . . not even close. I can name 5 guys right off the top of my head, that I would rather NOT have, than Vince.

- Mr. Harrington ( who makes critical mistakes at the worst possible time )

- Any of those Chicago QBs ( who make a TON of mistakes to kill you . . see Griese today )

- None of the Minnesota QBs ( Jackson, Holcomb, or the kid from Wisconsin )

- None of the young Buffalo QBS

- I would mention Miami, but of course they're screwed with the Trent Green injury situation

- Neither Alex Smith, nor Trent Dilfer out in San Fran

- Definitely not Matt Leinart

- I think I'd want Vince over guys like Jason Campbell ( Washington ), Damon Huard ( Kansas City , and even Steve McNair ( Baltimore ) at this point.

The one thing about Vince, is that while he may not have great production days, he doesn't kill you with mistakes, like most other young QBs do. When you don't make critical mistakes, you'll have a chance to keep your football team in the game. And he'll always give you that x-factor of running with the ball when a play breaks down.

Quote:

Did you watch the game? If you did, you would've seen that Vince should have at least been 4 - 6 in that first half . . and 10 - 14 for the game. But when you have receivers flat out dropping balls . . .

We always hear these excuses with black running QB's. They were not dropping passes last week apparently.

Quote:

I think I'd want Vince over guys like Jason Campbell ( Washington ),

Nope Jason Campbell is a better QB.

Quote:

And he'll always give you that x-factor of running with the ball when a play breaks down.

Under 3YPC (after today's game) so he ain't running very far. Other teams have done caught on to his very limited game.

I said this about Vick and I think it applies to Young. Both depend too much on talent and don't utilize the sytems that they played in. Both try to do the superman thing unlike Manning and Brady who are masters at using their system and making the whole team great. And as a result the receivers don't really blossom in the system but have to splay the game per Young/Vick. Gotta be tough on receivers.

Quote:

I said this about Vick and I think it applies to Young. Both depend too much on talent and don't utilize the sytems that they played in. Both try to do the superman thing unlike Manning and Brady who are masters at using their system and making the whole team great. And as a result the receivers don't really blossom in the system but have to splay the game per Young/Vick. Gotta be tough on receivers.

McNabb is another guy that has usally been able to get the best out of what he has around him. Other than the year with TO he hasn't been given alot to work with on offense, but he's managed to make it work and still be productive... This year being an exception.

• Moderators

When a Heisman trophy QB candidate jumps to the NFL and has more success than anyone predicted on a losing team, that guy is going to get hype whether he is a black running QB or a white pocket passer.

Last year was more a fluke I think and Travis Henry was a big part of the of the Titans playing well last year. Last year Vince made some big plays, but he hasn't really made very many this year.

I mean, the Titans have won the last two games with him doing basically nothing.

I used to give running QB's the benefit of the doubt. But most of the time it seems like that's not working long term. It didn't for Vick and reality is starting to set in on Vince Young.

Vince Young wins football games. Tennessee only has 2 losses and one of those came in a game that Young didn't play due to injury, their other loss came to the World Champion Colts.

Vince Young does suck if your talking Fantasy Football stats.

However, in a real football game, Vince Young is a winner.

Quote:

Vince Young wins football games. Tennessee only has 2 losses and one of those came in a game that Young didn't play due to injury, their other loss came to the World Champion Colts.

Vince Young does suck if your talking Fantasy Football stats.

How do you win a football game as a QB when you throw for 46 yards? Sorry, the team winning a game and him starting at QB doesn't mean "Vince Young wins football games".

Correction. The defense and running game won the football game. Vince Young didn't play last week and they still won and would have won with more ease had the defense not broke down in the 4th.

I'd like to know how they've won 2 in a row because Vince Young or anything he did in the football game. Really you can forget about last year because teams have clearly caught onto Vince and have more or less stopped him from being effective.

His passer rating is under 70 and he's averaging less than 4YPC with his legs this year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That's EXACTLY what everyone said about Vick until the ATL defense became soft, the offensive line was exposed, and the receivers dropped everything that came their way. But after that, everyone just blamed it on Vick which was just retarded. And look what happens when the Vick haters (before knowing about the dogfighting) got their wish and Vick was gone? We SUCK, he completely carried the Falcons. Vince right now is in the opposite position, his team is CARRYING him.

Vick always had a winning record as well, but he was still bashed. Vince is completely being CARRIED by his team right now, and he will get bashed in due time. Because no team will win consistently with that kind of production at QB.

Quote:

Quote:

That's EXACTLY what everyone said about Vick until the ATL defense became soft, the offensive line was exposed, and the receivers dropped everything that came their way. But after that, everyone just blamed it on Vick which was just retarded. And look what happens when the Vick haters (before knowing about the dogfighting) got their wish and Vick was gone? We SUCK, he completely carried the Falcons. Vince right now is in the opposite position, his team is CARRYING him.

Vick always had a winning record as well, but he was still bashed. Vince is completely being CARRIED by his team right now, and he will get bashed in due time. Because no team will win consistently with that kind of production at QB.

LenDale Write had 133 yards Sunday. Granted, you could argue that Chris Brown has been the better RB this year, but it's the running game that is being effective.

Eli Manning also had a poor performance, but Vince having really bad games is a very regular thing.

I know people say that he plays better than his stats... Which is basically just another way of trying to make him a critic proof QB.

He is on pace for the following numbers:

1703 passing yards, 7TD and 14INT and a 66 passer rating. If you have those numbers, you're not a good QB. Plain and simple.

Those numbers are laughable. Oh and oddly enough, the game he doesn't play is the game they score a season high 38 points. He had some good games last year, but so did Damon Huard who had a 98 passer rating last year and look at him this year.

It's the samething with Vince Young.

A little off the main topic but:

Quote:

Vick always had a winning record as well

No he didn't. The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons. Believe me, I've been waiting longer than you have. Those of us that were burned out with Vick had our reasons. His poor reads and throws left our offense in continual wheel spinning status. His fumbles were beyond unacceptable. He did not respect the QB position and many of us had come to terms with the thought that we were never going to win consistently with him.

Jeff Fisher is a tremendous coach. He wins football games. Vince Young will be a very good player in the near future. They need a playmaker at the wr position to help him get there.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

No he didn't. The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons.

What does that have to do with it? With Michael Vick as the starting QB, the Falcons had an overall winning record.

Most of those seasons Vick missed some times and the record for games that Vick missed completely or was knocked out of the game was abysmal. Our worst season, we were something like 3-1 with Vick and 1-11 without him.