• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am really, really concerned

bfwolf

• Premium Member

Quote:

about Law's wrist.

I've got that uneasy feeling in my stomach that this is going to be something that nags at him all year and maybe his whole career.

Hopefully not because we need him to grow. As with most rookies he will probably be in a learning process most of the season. But, I hope your gut feeling is incorrect.

I agree. There is no boubt in my mind that Law will play through as much pain as possible. However, it should definately hurt his shooting touch more then his ability to be a floor general or his defense.

Seems it was reported the wrist has been broken twice. Once in HS and one in college. First let me say I am no Dr. However, my ankle sounds alot like Law's wrist. Once it has been broken a couple of times the bones heals so strong that it will be difficult to break it again. I had a severe sprain last year. The doctors said they had never seen a sprain so severe without actually tearing a ligament. (couldn't walk for almost 3 months). They said the severity of the sprain was b/c my ankle healed so well it won't break and my multiple sprains have stretched my ligaments out making it difficult to snap them. However, it doesn't help the ligaments any from future sprains, it actually makes them more frequent b/c they have been stretched so much, so often. I should have snapped my ankle, but since the bone was so strong it just put all the pressure on the ligaments......sounds like Law has the same problem with his wrist that I got with my dang power ankle (left ankle).

Maybe some off season surgery could fix the ligaments long term. Could the onld ligaments be replaced with stronger, undamaged ligaments from other parts of the body ?

Is there a DR. in the house ?

Any way, wrist, like ankles are hard to rest without immobilizing them. You use that wrist for almost all every day activities.

• Moderators

Quote:

It was Mookie who put the curse on. JT escaped the curse by pulling his socks up so high that with no exposed skin on his legs the voodoo pins had no effect.
wink.gif

And by not playing PG according to many here! wink.gif

Quote:

Hasn't BK ruled out certain draft prospects in the past because of injury concerns?

BK signed Speedy (gulp) and drafted Childress who had a relatively recent foot fracture history...that talk was just CYOA.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Hasn't BK ruled out certain draft prospects in the past because of injury concerns?

BK signed Speedy (gulp) and drafted Childress who had a relatively recent foot fracture history...that talk was just CYOA.

W

Obviously BK considered Speedy's and Chill's minor injury histories as insignificant issues, and it is obvious from the limited time the two have missed that those problems have not detered their ability to contribute to the Hawks success the past few years.

Thank goodness BK didn't saddle the franchise with an injury plagued player like Chris Paul!

Quote:

Obviously BK considered Speedy's and Chill's minor injury histories as insignificant issues, and it is obvious from the limited time the two have missed that those problems have not detered their ability to contribute to the Hawks success the past few years.

Thank goodness BK didn't saddle the franchise with an injury plagued player like Chris Paul!

...laughter. Better sit down and take it easy.

W

Quote:

Quote:

...laughter. Better sit down and take it easy.

W

Why laugh? BK built this team from something to what it is today! Not every GM could totally strip a team down to being historically bad and then build it using high lottery picks accumulated over a number of season into a team dangerously close to breaking the 30 win mark. That takes a certain type of talent. Not to mention BK's historic track record with finding young up-and-coming head coaching talent.

Quote:

would be hesitant to put him in the starting lineup on opening night. I am beginning to wonder if JT put a curse on the franchise after he was traded because it seems that no PG we get can stay healthy.

Not just the starting lineup--I would fully support sitting him for the first two weeks of the season. I bet some rest would do him a world of good. I'd rather lose him for 2 weeks than have this nagging him the whole season.

Now of course, I know nothing about the nature of his injury so I'm just talking out my ass, but I've got a bad wrist too (carpal tunnel) and rest is the only thing that really helps it.

Quote:

Why laugh? BK built this team from something to what it is today! Not every GM could totally strip a team down to being historically bad and then build it using high lottery picks accumulated over a number of season into a team dangerously close to breaking the 30 win mark. That takes a certain type of talent. Not to mention BK's historic track record with finding young up-and-coming head coaching talent.

BK has been brilliant. Intentionally screwing up lottery picks 3 years in a row just so he can improve his draft status in the 4th year. Who can know the mind of such a brilliant man. At least that somehow resembles the argument made for BK when he kept making blunder after blunder. The "he knows something we don't" (and apparently many of us knew something BK didn't know and the franchise would have been better served by his knowing it) BK is all-knowing argument never sat well with me. Maybe if one of those 1st 3 lotto picks hadn't stunk it up so bad or if Sidney Lowe went on to coach well elsewhere.

W

Quote:

speedy was a bail out for BK, after cassell turned us down it was either him or ivey / lue for another year. he took the gamble and gave him a decreasing contract. which just so happens to go along with his health.

I didn't mind the Speedy signing "gamble" so much under the circumstances until I read "We only expected him to play 50 games per year". Once ownership said THAT indicating they all knew how poor his health was from the most informed down to the very last owner it can no longer be seen as a "gamble" but a "lost cause" they (BK and ownership) willingly signed up for.

I can only imagine the physical included an X-ray which would be all that would be required to observe the degeneration in Speedy's knees. These guys knew what they were getting. It wasn't even a "gamble". They were just betting that they were wrong. Not a good bet it turns out or in Speedy's case "easy money".

W